Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product tables confusion

Hi All,
    This Question may mave been covered in other versions as I think that it must be something other people have had problems with it.

The problem is with the formating of products within a section page. Sometimes I need to have to use a variaty of product layout templates to get the best out of the products, for example:-
    I have a main product with a few lines of description and a picture, i set it to 'One product per row, image on right' standard template. Next I have a couple of associated products that require no image and no description (I do not want to use components as I have the products linked to an external DB) I set these to 'No image, laid out in rows'. The next product has a large description so I have produced a template that places the image centered above the description then price centered below.

Now to the problem: - Actinic places all the products into a table controled by the top product that has two columns, so noe the rest of the products are pushed into the left column and thus looks c*#p. My question is, is there a way to enclose each product in its own nested table within the main product bulk table so I they keep the format I want. I did try to produce a nested table in a test product template but it appeared in the left columb

Thanks

All version of Actinic use a 3 column table to lay out products. Each product is set within several rows of that table.

If you want to break out of this then just create a custom template and replace the 1st <TR> with

<TR><TD colspan=3>

also replace the final </TR> in that template

with

</TD></TR>

Now you can place your own table (or whatever) between these two tags with any layout you like. You will, of course, have to remove or replace the table code that Actinic was using.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Still confused

Well tried that, the results are included in the jpg, I take it is the product template I should be editing?

Att: - editedtemplate.jpg

I dont know if this is the best template to show but here it is:-

'One product per row, image on left'

<table>
      <TR><TD colspan=3>
      <td rowspan="2" valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE </td>
      <td valign="TOP" align="LEFT" colspan="2">
      <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>
      <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION&nbsp;<strong>NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK</strong></span>NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
      <br><br>
      <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION </span><br>
      <b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b><br>
      <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFO </span>
      <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT </span>
      <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVARATEPROMPT </span>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td align="LEFT" colspan="2"><span class="actxsmall">
      NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
      <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>
      </span>