Unable to Preview in Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am unable to view my pages in the browser when i click ' OFFLINE PAGE PREVIEW' or Ctrl A. This is my first day with this software so I am working with the trial version.

Cheers
    Johnny

Hi Johnny

It may be that you dont have Internet Explorer set as your default programme for viewing HTML pages.

If you go to My Computer, the tools, folder options, file types you can set HTML and HTM files to be opened with Internet Explorer.

If those file extensions dont appear in the list, you will need to add them.

Hope that helps

Comment

Hi James, That was quick. I am able to view all my Dreamweaver pages without any problems, I checked anyway and the extensions are set to open with IE

Comment

If you don't get IE fixed you can always open

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML\P_SiteRoot_index.html

for the brochure main page

or

C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML\P_index.html

for the start of the products.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman, It's very strange, Ctrl A takes me to the browser window and then nothing + will not allow me to open a file. I had to close and reopen to access the file you mentioned. That did the trick by the way, but a glich is a glich and as i am evaluating this software on a trial basis I would need to know if it's related to my system or the Actinic software.

Any thanks for your time

Johnny

Comment

It's probably not Actinic that's at fault so It looks like something in your system is corrupt.

Perhaps some bit of Malware has infected your system and hijacked the browser settings.

I'd give the system a good check out with both an anti-virus scan (using up-to-date virus definitions) and also something like Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de as well.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman, thanks for your reply, will take your advice, it's overdue a system spring clean anyway. Let you know if alls well.

Thanks again for your time.

Johnny

Comment

Working...
              X