Shipping address all other counties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping address all other counties

We have a very complex shipping system for reasons out of our control.

i.e. we have UK normal cost
    UK other (Scottish Islands etc)
    UK Channel Islands
    EU
    Rest of World

All works great with the select boxes on the order1 page, one for "Country" and the other "UK County".

The UK County is left by any "Country other than UK" but must be selected by residents of the UK, selecting the higher rate UK Counties or Channel Islands, the other UK Counties are simply selected as "All other".

This works great until you get to the next order page with the full address Fields where County is "All other" for the lower rate UK shipping customers.

How can I edit this second payment/order page to keep the "county variable" as a hidden value and to add a "text field" for the user to add their County. This "text" field should only be included as info not to effect the payment/order system ie county2.

We simply check via post code and include the County in the shipping address by hand at present.

Or I suppose it leaves me with adding a long list of Counties into a select box for all UK Counties. Would there be an easy way of doing this?

I know the simple answer is to have a simplified shipping system, but this is not possible due to "stubbornness over sense".

I'd be interested to know how any one else copes with the high costs to certain areas of the UK.

ps sorry this post is War and Peace but I think I've included everything
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

Hi

There is a way for changing the display on the Invoice Address page.

1. Click on Advanced | Locations. Select United Kingdom and in the window on the right-hand side, click on the '+' sign. Add fields for "UK Channel Islands", "Scottish Islands" and "All Other" with corresponding Abbreviations. Click 'OK'.

2. Click on Design | Text. Click on the "Web Site (cont) tab and then the Invoice Address sub-tab. If you search for the "County/State/Province:" field you will find two check boxes next to it for 'Show' and 'Required'. If you untick them, it will hide the variable on the Invoice address page on the site. Further down you would see a field for "User Definable" text. Here, you could replace the default text with "Enter County Name", for e.g., and tick both the 'Show' and 'Required' check boxes.

In case you wish to change the alignment for the County field, click on Advanced | Template Manager and under the "Ordering" tab, click on Order Phase 01. Scroll down to find
    "NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT014
    <tr>".

Select the codes :
    NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT014
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPROMPT014</td>
    <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">
    <input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED">
    </td>
    </tr>
    NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT014

Now scroll up and find
    “</tr>
    NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT008"

Cut and insert the selected code between
    "NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT008" and "NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT009".
    So the display on the Invoice Address page will now look like this: -

Name/Cardholder:
    Address Line 1:
    Address Line 2:
    City/Town:
    Post Code/Zip Code:
    County

To change the alignment on the Receipt page as well, open “Order Phase 4”.
    Find ‘NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED’
    Cut this and paste it just above : ‘NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICECOUNTRY’
    Save the file.

4. Click on View | Business Settings. Under the Shipping and Handling tab, in the Shipping Bands window, right-click on UK and select Properties. Within the new window, in the right-hand column, scroll down to find a + sign appended to United Kingdom. Click on it and select the newly added zones to the column on the left, with the help of the left arrow.

Upload the site. If you proceed to the Invoice address page you should now see the desired result.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Krithika I'll give it a go.
      Justin Rowe
      Shiver

Comment

Works great thanks for the quick reply.

One small point on order4 the confermation/reciept page the (user deffined variable I set up) county/state/province: prompt, appears alongside the county as entered by the user in the invoice address, its the only entry to do so.

How do I stop this.
        Justin Rowe
        Shiver

Comment

The receipt page is Act_Order04.html and is pretty easy to change the order of the elements in the address.

Just look for this:

NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICENAME
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEJOBTITLE
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICECOMPANY
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEADDRESS1
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEADDRESS2
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEADDRESS3
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEADDRESS4
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPOSTCODE
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICECOUNTRY
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPHONE
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEFAX
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEEMAIL
          NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED

And change the order as required.

Comment

thanks,

but it's not the order it's the tag/lable/note that appears for the user deffined field.

i.e.

if address1 is street name it appears like this

18 Mystreet Road

not

Street name: 18 Mystreet Road

and

user defined is county it appears like this

County: Dorset

and should be just

Dorset

Hope thats makes sence....
            Justin Rowe
            Shiver

Comment

It does make sense. I have had a look in the Perl and cannot seem to find a way to turn it off.

What I would suggest is

1) Go to 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Invoice Address' and remove 'County:' from your 'User Definable' prompt - i.e. keave it blank.

2) Edit Act_Order01.html and replace
              NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPROMPT014
              with
              <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPROMPT014 -->County:

Comment

will do that, Thank you.
                Justin Rowe
                Shiver

Comment

Working...
                X