Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quantity on product page not working

Hi,
    I've just done a V4 to V6 upgrade, which has all gone very smoothly.

I do however have a problem, in that I've selected the "Quantity on Product Page" option in Design, Options, and no quantity box is showing on any of the product pages. This also means that the Buy button has stopped working.

Here is the HTML from a product preview page, starting from just below the long description, and ending near the end of productbody:

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Nick Morecroft.

<b><font size="2"><Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="BEAIW2480"><Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_ProductPrice.html"/>
    <!-- ProductPrice HTML begin -->
    <!-- This template is used for the product price text. -->

<BR><B><Actinic:RETAIL_PRICE_TEXT>Price:</Actinic:RETAIL_PRICE_TEXT>&nbsp;&nbsp;&#163;375&#46;00&nbsp;&#91;&#36;588&#46;75&#93;</B>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-2></FONT>

<!-- This template is used for the product price text. -->
    <!-- ProductPrice HTML end -->
    <Actinic:TEMPLATE type="end" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_ProductPrice.html"/></Actinic:PRICES></font></b> </font></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD COLSPAN="2" ALIGN=RIGHT><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_CartButton.html"/>
    <!-- CartButton HTML begin -->
    <!-- This template is used for the add to cart button. -->
    <P><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Buy Now&#33;" NAME="BEAIW2480"></P>

<!-- This template is used for the add to cart button. -->
    <!-- CartButton HTML end -->
    <Actinic:TEMPLATE type="end" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Act_CartButton.html"/>

Hi Nick,

We had exactly the same problem when we upgraded from V5 to V6. Support had a look at it but couldn't help at all.

We unfortunately had to copy the new V6 templates into our original site and re-apply all the modifications (not too many in our case - phew...).

This was during the very early days of V6, maybe a general solution to this problem has been found by now - good luck!

Florian
    florian@between.co.uk
    www.between.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

I've copied over all the V6 templates, overwriting the old ones, which didn't work.

I then applied another theme, which fixed the problem (though screwed up my layouts). This would make me think that Actinic fails to upgrade files other than templates properly, or that there are some database discrepancies in the upgrade process.

Nick.

Comment

I've finally found the cause:

When Actinic upgrades from a previous version, I don't think it upgrades templates with non-standard filenames.

e.g. If your "Default Product Layout" template was set to "Act_RightProductLine_FRED.html", then the site upgrader does not upgrade the file.

If my theory is correct, then perhaps can Actinic fix future versions of the site upgrader to upgrade templates with non-standard filenames. It would just have to extract the filenames from the database. (I found the culprit in my case was in the Setup2 table).

Any comments?

Cheers,
        Nick M.

Comment

Actually thinking about it, there would be no way for the site upgrader to know which template had been used, then saved with a different name.

So perhaps a future fix would entail the upgrader detecting non-standard template filenames, then either warning the user of templates that could not be upgraded, and/or giving the user a selection of standard templates which they could choose from to upgrade or replace the custom template.

Comment

Nick

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I guess the problem is that it has nothing to compare it to in the 'untouched' theme directory. I will alert the technical team and look to sort this out in a future release.

Comment

Working...
            X