Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using excel to alter component prices

Hi all

I'm trying to locate the prices for components in the actiniccatalog.mdb (using MS Access) so that i can use excel to change the prices from vat inclusive to vat exclusive as explained in this knowledge base article....

This article works superbly for changing the product prices - but appears to leave component prices unchanged.

where are they i wonder?

Many Thanks

Prices shown in the components drop down boxes are hard written into the component choices if this is what you mean.

Components can take a price from a product so changing in the spreadsheet should work.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

dear gary

thanks for dropping into help.

i've set the product price to 0 and the pricing model to sum of product and component prices

(.. i'm thinking this should really be sum of component prices - do u agree?)

anyway i used the knowledge base article to change all the prices from inc vat to exc vat - - but of course it can't change 0's or the component prices.

i figured the component prices must be somewhere in the catalog database where i could get at them with excel.

by
      Prices shown in the components drop down boxes are hard written into the component choices
      do you mean they are not in a table in the database somewhere?

if not this means that there are limitations to using excel to update product prices (say for an annual review) because all component prices must be done by hand....

cheers
      pete

Comment

They are in the productProperties table.

If the price is stored against a component then nType is 5 and price is stored in nValue2 in pennies.

If the price is stored against a permutation, nType is 8 and nValue1 is the price in pennies.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Peter

What I am talking about is the price shown for the component on the web site. As Jan explains you can change the prices.

hat I am saying is these prices will have to be manually changed to display with the product on the site, from within the components choices "HTML for Name" but in reality the changes in the spreadsheet will have taken effect you just wont notice the real price until you "Add to Cart"

Clear as Mud
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

thanks guys

Jan and Gary

I think i've done it with your help!

now i just need to deal with rounding errors...

Thanks again

Comment

Teamwork
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
              X