Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple categories

Hey!

We are developing a catalog for a company. They use a spreadsheet for all their stock so we are going to regularly import from that (well a formatted version for actinic).

My question is this, they what to be able to list one item under different lists. So for example if it was a table it would be listed under the type of wood and under the shape and under the type of table. each being different menus. i'm guessing this would be done by placing the product into different categories. but i'm not sure.

If that all made sense - Can any one offer a way of doing this please!

Thanks for your time.

Joel Lilley

You have to use hierarchical import to do this - the easiest way to see the file format is to create a product in the correct format in Actinic and then export it and look at the file that is created. There are also some sample hierarchical import files in site1 called
    sample*.csv.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Yeap have used the import function so thats that bit ok. Can you tell me how i can use this to put each products into different / many categories at once?

Sorry if this is me being dense!

Thanks again!

Joel

Comment

Are you going to want to stock monitor the products in your store?

If not, then you can just list the same product under different sections and use different product references for each instance of the product.

If you do want track the stock levels of your products (i.e. have one single stock record for all your duplicated products) then you need to do the following:

1. Copy and paste the product to a second location within your store. You will probably need to supply an alternative product reference (unless you are automatically generating product references). This new product is now a 'slave' product.

2. Go into this 'slave' product and go to the 'Stock' tab. Un-tick where it says 'Stock Monitoring'.

3. Do a right-click on this new product and select 'New Component'.

4. Enter a name of 'Associated Product' and press [Enter] on your keyboard.

5. Double-click on the component and click on the 'Associated Product' field. Select your original 'master' product from the drop-down list.

6. Also select 'Name from Associated Product' and 'Price from Associated Product'.

7. Select 'Component as Separate Order Line' and click 'OK'.

8. Go into the 'slave' product and switch to the 'Components' tab. Set the pricing model to 'Sum of Components Prices' and select 'No Order Line for Main Product'.

All this is much, much simpler in v7 where product duplication is a standard feature.

Comment

Working...
        X