Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is "'Dummy product, useful for inserting text'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is "'Dummy product, useful for inserting text'?

I wanted to add a banner on to my site.

I followed the instruction in the Advance Guide - "Including Banner Adverts into the Store" on pg 54.

But when I came to "4. Within the Product Layout field, select 'Dummy product, useful for inserting text'", I was stucked.

I couldn't find this line in my Product Layout. I only got this "Description only, useful for inserting messages" the nearest.

Is this the one?

I did selected it but it came out as a product instead.

Pls advise. I need to place the banner on the top of the page. What should I do?

Thank you so much.

You could add it to the Primary section template if you want it at the top of every page, or you could add is as header text to acheive the same (header text is defined on design/options/shop default tab).

If you want the banner to appear at the top of your section, add the product as you have already done, by default it will appear at the bottom of the list but you can change this by overriding the section layout details for that section to have the section list at the bottom of the page (section dialog, advanced tabs - layout tab).

If you want the banner at the top of the page but just for this page then you can change the primary template, save it with a new name and then set the overall layout template for this section to the one you have just created.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

http://www.srcpics.com/acatalog/Gran...Cars_1_10.html has an example of dummy product at top
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Could you provide me a detail example.

Sorry. I'm too new to Actinic.

Thank you if you could provide me a step by step instructions as I really couldn't find Dummy Product in the layout template.

I'm using Actinic 6.

Thanks again.

Comment

By far the best thing to do is incorporate your banner graphic into the design of your store. To do this, you need to edit the 'overall layout template' - the template that controls the design that goes around the outside of your sections and products. The default filename for this is 'Act_Primary.html' and you can edit this file by going to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and clicking 'Edit' next to the field for 'Default Overall Layout'.

In order to guide you further, I would need to know what theme you are using for your store.

Comment

Thanks!

I'm using Curves Theme.

Thanks a million.

Comment

OK then - try this.

Go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click 'Edit' next to the field for 'Default Overall Layout'. This will open 'Act_Primary.html'.

Locate the following code:

NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN

Just before it, enter the HTML for your banner advert.

This will place the banner just above your sections and products on every page in the store (but not in the checkout).

Comment

Working...
              X