X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital download e-mail receipt

Hi,
    Sorry but i am back!!

I have re set up on a new host with all the problems i have been having. The new host is www.stonehengeinternet.com. I have set up a test store at the folowing address.
    www.trustmeimathief.com/store.html.

I can carry out payments and worldpay is working. I get a download link in the merchant receipt but i dont get a download link sent to the customer in an e-mail receipt. When i do a test in the network configuration i get an e-mail sent saying my settings are correct.

Another problem, when i just check on the option to purchase the download i get two products in the cart listed, the main product and the download, two different ref numbers as if i were purchasing two different products, but only one price. It looks very confusing to a customer.

Also, if i just choose to purchase one digital download and nothing else i get asked to "select shipping destination", which obviously i dont need, the when i click next i get asked to select shipping and handling details, which obviouslly i dont need.

Then when i click next i get asked for general information which i would like to get rid of, and then i get asked to select payment method even though i only have one option set up which is worldpay.

Any help would be very appreciated, this store i need to get up for the next millenium! I have included my settings in zip form.

Andy
    Attached Files

We meet again
    I can carry out payments and worldpay is working. I get a download link in the merchant receipt but i dont get a download link sent to the customer in an e-mail receipt.
    Could you clarify what the 'merchant receipt' is. This is not a feature within Actinic. Are you talking about the copy of the receipt that gets sent out to the main contact for a customer account?

Also, with regards to the customer receipt, check with Worldpay as to whether you are still getting any error messages or not - i.e. with WorldPay not being able to write the authorisation back to your webserver.
    Another problem, when i just check on the option to purchase the download i get two products in the cart listed, the main product and the download, two different ref numbers as if i were purchasing two different products, but only one price. It looks very confusing to a customer.
    You need to set the following:
    • In the component, select 'Component as Separate Order Line'
    • Check the 'Pricing Model' of the main product is set to 'Sum of Component Prices' (in the 'Components' tab)
    • Ensure that 'No Order Line for Main Product' is checked (also in the 'Components' tab)
    Also, if i just choose to purchase one digital download and nothing else i get asked to "select shipping destination", which obviously i dont need, the when i click next i get asked to select shipping and handling details, which obviouslly i dont need.
    You will always get the same checkout stages no matter what you are purchasing. It is just with 'Digital Download' you set the product weight as '0' in order to automatically be assigned free shipping.
    Then when i click next i get asked for general information which i would like to get rid of,
    De-selet the 'Show' boxes in 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | General Information'.
    and then i get asked to select payment method even though i only have one option set up which is worldpay.
    This is unavoidable. Sorry about that.

Hope that all helps get you further down the line.

Comment

hi!

I thought you might be happy to se me!

Thanks for the answers, what i mean by the receipt is the receipt that the customer is brought to after they purchase. I am still getting no e-mail with download link sent.

Also, where exactly do i get to this

Check the 'Pricing Model' of the main product is set to 'Sum of Component Prices' (in the 'Components' tab)

i can not see it anywhere

Andy

Comment

sorted!

Hey,

I realised what the problem was, i had re-installed the program and forgot to rename the download file!! I know have a working store!! Now to customise it, i am going to do my own design and try and get that working with it. I guess we might chat again.......!

Andy

Thanks again for all the help, yis are bleedin deadly.

Comment

Getting rid of General Information boxes

Quote:
          Then when i click next i get asked for general information which i would like to get rid of,

De-selet the 'Show' boxes in 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | General Information'.

I also have this problem, that I would like to streamline the order process by cutting out the 'general information' boxes. In my Actinic installation (v. 6), there doesn't appear to be a check box for General information in Design | Text | Web site (cont). Would it be somewhere else, or am I missing somethign obvious?

Comment

there doesn't appear to be a check box for General information in Design | Text | Web site (cont). Would it be somewhere else, or am I missing somethign obvious?
            It is in the 'General Information' tab within 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont). De-select 'Shown' for all three 'User Definable' fields within the tab.

Comment

Working...
            X