Cookie Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie Headers

Hi, im new here but need anyones help possible. Im using version 4 of Actinic Catalog, i recently bought a domain name and hosting site and got them registered. These work as i have tested them with a basic HTML page, but when i use Actinic to upload a site done for a client it brings up and error half way through teh process saying "the server is not configured to handle cookie headers. the script did not recieve the cookie send by the wizard. any help would be gratful asap as this is dragging on a bit now! please help!!!!

Hi,

It sounds like you are running the 'Configure Website Details' wizard to get your network settings to upload the site. With v4 it ran a cookie test on the server but due to the changing nature of the internet this no longer works.

What I suggest you do is download a trial version of v6 from our website (here). Run the configuation wizard in this version (Web 'Configure Web Site Details') as it does not do the cookie check. Once you have the settings you can click the 'Export' button in the 'Advanced | Network Setup' window and save it as a text file onto your desktop. Then 'Import' it into your v4 settings ('Advanced | Network Setup' | Import button (View | Preferences for earlier versions of v4).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Tried this solution and still get errors

Hi,

I have this same problem and configured the site with V6. When testing I get this error

"Your Catalog URL appears to be invalid. The files uploaded to the given 'Path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory', can not be downloaded via the browser on the given Catalog URL. These two access routes don't point to the same destination on the server."

I am using a shared ssl and the html is also on the same server. I think the problem is the access to the cgi folder but don't know how to fix it.

Could anyone help please?

Comment

Hi Robert,

If you upload a test html page in your /cgi-bin/ folder, can you see it via Internet Explorer. Eg http://www.domain.co.uk/cgi-bin/test.html

If the answer is no, then you /cgi-bin/ folder has not been made public, which is needs to be. The only way you could fix is, is by asking you hosting company.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X