Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamlining the order process

Hi

Having created a few Actinic sites with PSP payment previously, I now wish to create a secure form ordering system, where the client makes the credit card transaction himself.

The site will have approximately 15 products all on a single page, and the key consideration is to make the checkout process simple, with as few clicks as possible between 'add to cart' and the final user action. Can anyone suggest the best approach to this?

Thanks
    adaptive-image.co.uk

I would use the built in actinic credit card acceptance with SSL

Comment

Just to clarify - as this area gets very confusing with regards to terminology - Jo is talking about getting your own secure certificate and uploading the Actinic store to that. She is not talking about the Actinic SharedSSL service which you may see described elsewhere in this community.

Comment

Thanks Jo and Chris.

We have a secure certificate already, what I was more interested in was the means to streamlining the order process from the visitors point of view - ie as few clicks as possible to buy the product.

There's only going to be one page of products with no section navigation at all, each product one or two lines of text only with a 'buy' button.

I would like to cut down from the standard:

Prod Page > Cart View > Ship Dest > Inv Adress > Pay Method > PSP etc

to something like:

Prod Page > Address > Pay Method > PSP/HTTPS etc.

Thanks again, Dan
        adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

I'm afraid you are pretty limited with options.

THIS knowledge base article will tell you how to go straight to the checkout after adding to cart to help cut out one stage.

To go straight to address stage in the checkout (without having to select a location first) you need to use simple tax, and simple shipping - and ensure none of your payment methods are limited by location. If you have any of the location functionality in Actinic active, then it needs to know the location before it can do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
            I'm afraid you are pretty limited with options.

THIS knowledge base article will tell you how to go straight to the checkout after adding to cart to help cut out one stage.

To go straight to address stage in the checkout (without having to select a location first) you need to use simple tax, and simple shipping - and ensure none of your payment methods are limited by location. If you have any of the location functionality in Actinic active, then it needs to know the location before it can do anything else.
            I want to bypass the setting of countries as I am only shipping to the UK. I have tried to do this by removing the option to set them on the initial checkout page, but get an error message that I have elected to ship to an address different from the invoice address - I cannot get past this screen.

I am using simple tax but not simple shipping as I need to specify free shipping over a certain amount. How can I overcome this problem?

Many thanks

Kind regards
            karen
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen,

I'm afraid that if you use Advance shipping, then you will always get the list of country, even though United Kingdom is the only one there. Like Chris has written before you can only use simple shipping and tax.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X