Internet transaction problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet transaction problems

We have a client who is currently using Actinic Version 5. Who is looking to possibly up grade, due to the follow problem, which is:

SYMPTOM
    Some customers are unable to log on to a Web site or complete an Internet transaction. For example, when a customer has submitted user name and password to the SSL-secured Web site, by using a form on a HTTPS Web page, some receive an HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error) Web page.

According to the Microsoft website the above problem could be due to the following:

CAUSE
    This problem may occur after you apply the 832894 security update (MS04-004) or the 821814 hotfix on a computer that runs Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition, or Windows 98.

Microsoft then recommends that a patch is installed to overcome this problem.

MY QUESTION IS:-
    =============

None of our other existing customers have experienced such problems with their Websites, and to my knowledge most use Actinic 6.

I was therefore wondering whether Actinic 6 might resolve this problem? and overcome the potential loss of customers, who leave the Website not wanting to download the patch.
    - GARRY

Are all your sites hosted on the same web server, or are they each on different ones?

I'm wondering whether the problem might be with server settings rather than the version of Actinic being used.

Comment

Working...
    X