features - V7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

features - V7

has V7 got the ability to have different product reference numbers for items and their components?

ie teeshirt
    red
    blue
    green

3 different prod refs

Well Jo. I think you just found a major bug in V7 or it could be a reworking.

I cant seem to add a component then give it choices from associated products. Need to look at it a bit more but 10 mins I still cant see what is happening
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

FORGET THAT

You just have to use Components.

So the answer to your original question is YES
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for that Gary.

(I haven't got a working V7 yet, 30 day trial expired!)

Comment

Jo

I have a lot of different setups on my site using componants and attributes so if you need any help give me a call or post here

V7 main advantage is the ability to list the same product in more than one location using the same referance or part number.

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Thanks for the offer Darren, I may take you up on it.

My immediate issue is creating a hierarcical import file for v7 with components with different prod refs

Do we have a sample csv file for this?

Comment

Hi jo

creating products with componants, attributes, and multiple choices not a problem, however i have never really sat down a played with hieracal imports

I never been that brave to make changes this way

I should really then it would make my price changes easier. When i last looked at it it had the information all over the place and finding the the componants to change hard. I guess there is an easier way of just getting the ref No, description & price?

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Do we have a sample csv file for this?
                Yes.

Look at 'SampleHierarchicalBusinessImportFile.txt' within the 'Common' folder in 'Site1'. Take a look at the 'Desktop PC' and find these 'Permutation' rows:
                Code:
                Permutation,"Size:17inch",0,1,"12",2,0,0
                Permutation,"Size:19inch (+90.00)",0,1,"13",1,0,0
                Permutation,"Size:17inch TFT Flat Screen (+200.00)",0,1,"14",1,0,0
                The '12', '13' and '14' are the product references of the products associated with the choices.

Comment

I'm just about finished writing a bit of software that takes an Actinic site with products with components, and generates all of the permutations and hidden products for you. It then allows you to enter stock levels and prices for each combination really easily and then also has an automation module (this bit is not done yet) that removes sold out options from the choice list.

This is going to be available as a custom project - because each installation of Actinic might need slightly different settings.

It is a nice program, it makes stock control much much easier.

If anyone wants more details please email me.

In answer to the original question, V7 works in the same way as V6 for choice dependant stock.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                  X