Component Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Problem

This is a strange one. I have a product set up with No order line for main product ticked. This product has a value of £0 but has a few components with varying prices. The pricing model is set as sum of component prices.

When the items are selected online everything works perfectly and the online receipt is perfect. The problem comes when the order is downloaded and the Data Entry or to that effect any report is printed. There are no items under the product description only the costs.

Any ideas?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

What version are you using?

Comment

Business 6.0.2.0.0.0.CNNA if that's enough

Comment

Can you email me your DataEntry.rpt file please.

Comment

I could if you enable your email link

Comment

Done

Comment

Is it possible that you have got some components with 'components as separate order line' selected and some without (which if I remember rightly is not valid for no order line for main product - and I can't do here), if so the ones that do not have 'components as separate order line' selected will not appear on the report.

Do you see the order line details in the order details window (double click on the order to see this).

Presumably when you say that only the prices are there you mean that only the prices summary that is usually after the order details rather than the prices for each line item in the order summary.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

some components with 'components as separate order line' selected and some without (which if I remember rightly is not valid for no order line for main product - and I can't do here),
                Actually I can do this, if you have two or more components, switch the component as separate order line flag on for one, switch the component as separate order line flag off and then mark it as purged, then go back to the product details and enable the 'No order line for main product', then pop back over to the deleted component and undelete. From this point on orders for that component will not display on the invoice, packing list and data entry reports.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

I will report this as a bug in the software.

Comment

Similar problem

Jan/Chris

I have a main product (not for sale) that has 1 component with 5 choices.

When I order a product (one of the choices) I only want the components details to display in the cart but I keep getting the main (not for sale) product showing also.

Can I remove this line and stop it appearing?
                    Attached Files
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

You can do this by setting your components to have their own order lines and switch off the order line for the main product.

To do this first open up the compoent details as check the box for 'component as separate order line'.

Next open up the details for the product, open the advanced section and select the components tab.

Set the pricing model to 'Sum of components' and a check box will appear allowing you to have 'No order line for main product'.

If you do all of that it should do what you want it to - I think :-)

Regards,

Comment

Thats what I thought but it's not the case.

CHRIS
                        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

If you could be a bit more specific I might be able to help

Regards,

Comment

Here is the site, well the beginnings of one.

You order a product using the drop down list. These are hidden products.

They are inside a main product that is not for sale. It's not really a product only a holding page as you will see.

When you choose a product from the list then add it to the cart the holding page product is shown in the cart details. I don't want this.

Is that enough. I have tried lots of varations but can't seem to get rid of it.

Thanks
                            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Dont waste your time I have it working somewhere else so will check the settings out
                              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                              X