Problem with Actinic Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Actinic Cover

I bought Actinic Developer with Cover several weeks ago but the cover apparently hasn't been been activated so I still don't have access to developer forums, I haven't been sent or given access to version 7, and we have not been told about the bundled training. This is despite several phone calls and promises to sort it out. We were told a couple of weeks ago you would send us the V7 CD. What's happening? I only get to work on this at the weekend so it's frustrating to get home and find I still don't have the software I am entitled to and can't phone anyone to get it. Can I download it from somewhere?

Michael

You can download v7 from the www.actinic.co.uk website, so at the very least you will be able to play with the v7 features until Actinic get back to you on Monday.

Comment

Thanks, but that appears to be a 30 day trial version. I'm worried about screwing up my licenced system by installing it. Should I not be worried?

Regards
      Michael

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      You can download v7 from the www.actinic.co.uk website, so at the very least you will be able to play with the v7 features until Actinic get back to you on Monday.

Comment

Installing v7 will not directly affect the installation of v6 on the same machine, i.e. it is a totally separate installation, so you can operate and continue with your v6 site without any interuption from the v7 installation (even if that v7 installation runs out on the 30 day trial)..

Comment

And the "Demo" download becomes a full version as soon as you enter a valid license key.

So you can start work on your V7 site right away without having to worry about re-installing when the key turns up.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Re: Problem with Actinic Cover

Originally posted by MAB
            I bought Actinic Developer with Cover several weeks ago but the cover apparently hasn't been been activated so I still don't have access to developer forums
            I had to follow the instructions on the forum notice, and email my forum ID to get access.

I haven't been sent or given access to version 7, and we have not been told about the bundled training. This is despite several phone calls and promises to sort it out. We were told a couple of weeks ago you would send us the V7 CD. What's happening?
            My understanding is that they are putting together another build with a few minor fixes at the end of this month, and that will be the first CD release. You can get an install code (I assume) before then if you really want to use the current download.
            Matthew

Comment

Hi Michael

According to my records, you are already part of the 'Developers' forum so you should be able to view it and post in it.

Also, As Matthew rightly says, we are not sending out invitations to upgrade to our Cover customers until 7.0.1 is released (which should be very soon).

Comment

Working...
              X