Embedded HTML in Ts & Cs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded HTML in Ts & Cs

I have tried to put embedded HTML into Business Settings | Terms and Conditions fileds as described in the help file but all tags are just stripped off and the text is shown as original - an example:

!!< <B> LIABILITY </B> >!!

Should this work or is the help file incorrect?

Are you trying it as typed, or keeping the < < together as in << next to the !! and >> next to the !! at the end?

Comment

I have tried both methods, I am using V6.1.4 by the way.

Comment

Well, !!<<B>LIABILITY</B>>!! works fine in our 6.1.4.

Are you sure that you do not have another group of tags that have not been closed off prior to this particular section within the terms and conditions maybe...

Comment

No nothing else, I just inserted this to check it out as I needed an additional section header, it is the first time I attempted any changes in this area .... very puzzling but thanks for testing it for me on your system.

Comment

That definitely should work. Try it in a different Terms and Conditions box to see if you have any more joy.

Comment

Try previewing the site locally rather than uploading it - I find that sometimes my server caches pages - even refreshing doesn't make the changes appear but if I preview locally I always see the changes - weird but true!

The other thing that you can do to get a new heading is to hijack one that you are not using at the moment - if you don't enter text for a particular tab it will not be included in the T & C's. So to do this you put the text for your new section into a tab you are not currently using, then go to design/text and go to the web site tab and you will find prompts for the headings in there, so you can change the text for the one you have used to the title that you want.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have resolved the problem that when I tried to put embedded HTML into Business Settings | Terms and Conditions fileds as described in the help file but all tags are just stripped off and the text was shown as original. The example I used was

!!< <B> LIABILITY </B> >!!

All I did was to move the tagged line to the top of the field and it worked so I moved it back to where I had it previously and it still worked and now I can't return to the original state of it not working .... so I as I say it is resolved but not solved.

I had been using "Off Line Preview" to try to sort this problem, both page and site.

Thanks for your advice guys, I am sure I will be back as I am in the process of using Actinic for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                X