Quick search and search problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick search and search problem?

What is happening with the Actinic quick search and search? My site is at URL: http://www.apex-sports.co.uk/acatalog/
    soon to go fully online. But I have noticed a problem with the searching.

If I search for a word/product (example response) a list appears of all products that have the word in the description. Fine so far. If I then click to go to a product a peculiar and unacceptable problem occurs. The product appears but the original search word is missing from the description. Also, although the page looks similar to the product page, the javascript popup does not work either.

I did search the forum but nothing quite like this is listed. Something from PeterB 12may2004 but adding &nbsp didn't work for me and the hard coding answer from Chris D, I didn't understand.

Can anyone can help before the site goes live, but be gentle as I am a newbie in this game.

Cheers
    Dave

OK! why does posting a problem which was unsolvable mean you find part of the answer? Straight away.

The searched word was there but highlighted in white! Changed to red in Design/Colours/ Search Highlights............!

javascript popup still not working on final searched product page; that will require a solution from the experts.

Dave

Comment

Just tried your site and the pop-up windows seem to be working for me.
      What steps do you go through for the pop-up to fail??
      Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
      www.thedancersshop.co.uk
      www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

Cheers.
        The popup works for me on the product pages but not when you do a search, then get to a product page from the searched product listing.

BTW. My searched products page still has white highlighted text until I refresh tonight.

Comment

The page you get to from the search results is the product page and the pop-ups I've tried have all worked.

Is it a particular example/product that is not working maybe??
          Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
          www.thedancersshop.co.uk
          www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

Pop-ups work for me as well. You have have a dodgy session file on your PC that has the wrong address in it for the 'acatalog' folder.

Reset this by going to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and click 'Purge Session Files'.

Also, I would go to 'View | Search Settings | Results' and untick where it says 'Highlight Located Text' to remove the search highlight process that may be causing the problems.

Comment

Thanks for your time Chris and Steve.

Also, I would go to 'View | Search Settings | Results' and untick where it says 'Highlight Located Text' to remove the search highlight process that may be causing the problems.

Have double checked this and unchecking the search highlight, as above was the answer to the problem.

Thanks
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X