Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

images in search-questions!

Hello!!

I guess I'm probably aiming this at Norman as its his lovely little code i'm trying to implement, but in case he's not about if there's anyone else who knows the answer, feel free to pipe up!!

I'm trying to get the search to show thumbnails of our products on the search results page. Now i've read the readme's, tried to do it but its not working..

after looking at the readme again, i'm wondering if the problem is this.. Actinic is creating a product reference for each item. (i am up to 7,500+ products on our store) this code is obviously a number from 1-7500+

now all our item codes which sit in the "short description" box are things like 105-475 or PCO-675 which is the same as the filename for the image. these do have a suffix of sm for the smaller file & no suffix for the larger image and are 105-475.jpg & PCO-675.jpg respectively..

now looking at the readme, i'm confused as i'm guessing the script is looking for the product ref no which actinic creates and not the short description. I can't change the code numbers for these image files to suit the actinic ref.. is there any way i can change actinic to use my codes as the references? these are always different due to the nature of the product.

if you take a look at a page for example - http://www.thefilmstore.com/acatalog/ROTKa.html you'll see that i really need to get these thumbnails inthe search working, as running a search for "legolas" for example, pulls up a list of numbers.. which is not too sexy for potential customers..

Any help, hints, tips, winning lotto numbers would be appreciated.

I thank all you clever people in advance..

S
    Classico UK - www.classicouk.com
    The Filmstore - www.thefilmstore.com
    fully licensed products [postcards, magnets, mugs, mirrors and more] wholesale & retail

It's a one-liner.

Code:
    After you've patched SearchScript.pl look for the line:-

my $NorcatRef = $$rarrResults[$nCount];	 # Our product reference SearchScript.pl version

Change it to:-

my $NorcatRef = $Product{NAME};	 	 # Our product name SearchScript.pl version
    And that will use the product names as part of the image look-up. Make sure your images filenames use the same case as the product name. E.g. Product XYZ-123 and xyz-123 might need different images. Also remember that when matching the product name withan image file that leading "-"'s get stripped out and that any "/" characters will get changed to "-". So a product named --xyz/123 wouold match image xyz-123

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X