• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revised upload method

is this coming out with 7.0.1?

I saw a post from chris somewhere that said the release order was:

1) 7.0.1 - bug fixes
    2) 6.1.5 - new FTP upload (possibly fixes?)
    3) 7.0.2 - new ftp upload for V7 (plus whatever else?)

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

That's right.

6.1.5 and 7.0.2 will contain the 'Enhanced FTP' upload method.

Comment

Hi Chris,
        Can we have a release date for 6.1.5? (Overdue by now I reckon )
        Nick Morecroft
        01392 434530
        <A target=_blank href ="http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/">http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/</A>
        hosting, search engine optimisation, design and ecommerce

Comment

No release date is available yet Nick. Sorry about that.

Now 7.0.1 is out, the development team is turning their attention to 6.1.5, We are currently building and testing it - but as the Enhanced FTP represents a substantial change in the technology, we don't want to rush it out.

Comment

so V7.02 wont be out for a long time then, if the ftp is going to be fixed in V6.1.5 first?

so im stuck between the devil and the deep blue see. cant use any other Versions higher than V6.1 as i have custom scripts and V7 has the enhancements but i will have to spend a day messing around getting the upload done.

the only way i have found around this problem is to disconnect when actinic freezes, this forces the error then reconnect click retry and it will carry on, any files that got messed up will then need to be updated by uploading again & again until it all goes through

cheers
            Darren

Comment

Mark at TiggyPig has reported that the upload on V7 is slow, Chris Barling has offered to investigate this. But I think the implications for you (Darren) is to hang on for the 6.1.5 release. Hopefully this will be before 7.0.2.

Actinic have to get this right so I guess we have to be patient

Comment

Hi Jo

the problem is i cant use V6.1.5, i am getting more convinced that broadband is also causing problems, i had to use the pinbrook dial up to make a couple of minor changes today, no problems, broadband wont even let me view my site, i can view the home page but cant even get into there help area to send a complaint about the service

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

BT have some problems with their DNS servers, and as a result a number of websites are invisible to their broadband customers - no date on a fix yet (BT Broadband is crap, allegedly )

You can change your DNS servers to someone else, I often use freeserve. Just get properties on the broadband connection, go to Networking tab, double-click TCP/IP tab, tick "Use the following DNS server address" and fill in some DNS servers. Here are some:

FREESERVE
                  =========

BLUEYONDER
                  ==========

Cheers,
                  Nick Morecroft
                  01392 434530
                  <A target=_blank href ="http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/">http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/</A>
                  hosting, search engine optimisation, design and ecommerce

Comment

Cheers for that, so i can use the freeserve & blueyonder DNS servers with my current connection then

sounds like a cure to me

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

Hi nick

i have just ried the other 2 and neather of those allowed me to get back to the forum, or ftp my site. by some pages came up quicker though.

i have changed back to the BT ones for now so if anyone else has any others then we can certainly give it a go.

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

BT Broadband

Originally posted by Darren B
                        Hi nick

i have just ried the other 2 and neather of those allowed me to get back to the forum, or ftp my site. by some pages came up quicker though.

i have changed back to the BT ones for now so if anyone else has any others then we can certainly give it a go.

Cheers
                        Darren
                        hello all
                        I have contacted Bt and as far as they are concerned there is no problem.
                        i have the problem because nobody else has complained..

any body any ideas

Comment

Munir

try setting the DNS numbers and see how you get on

Cheers
                          Darren

ps i would ring them back and tell them you know of someone else who has the problem, perhaps we should start a site listing BT faults then tell the bod on the end of the phone to take a look

Comment

Working...
                          X