Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the actinic cart

Hi,

Anyone know if it is possible to use the cart part of actinic, for a product not on the database? Actinic v5 used.

ie. i run a front end that isn't actinic, and want to link to the cart of actinic including the new relevant info (price, product, colour, size, etc..)

I just need it to process the payments and use the shared SSL server for security.

If this is not possible, if you create the same product on actinic, can you have an automatic discount that can be applied (discount sourced from outside actinic), so that the only new info is the price.

cheers,

Tom55

Hi Tom

I'am afraid we can't do it at the moment. Basically Actinic is designed to work as one whole product. So you possibly can't split it to work just as a front end or a back end.

If anybody has a suggestion, we welcome it.
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

If your external products come in multiples of £1 or $1, etc. You could use the Adding to Cart from outside Catalog trick (see knowledge base) and search forums for this.

You would create a dummy product in Actinic "External Item" or some such name. Give it a unit price of £1 and an Other Info prompt of "Product Name". Put this in a Quantity on Product Page type section so you can feed in the Quantity and Other Info.

Now you fudge up an external add to cart that Adds it with the product Quantity set to the number of pounds and the Other Info as some text to identify the product.

If you have to pass in non-integral prices (or buy more than one of an item) then things get much more complex. I can do a Perl patch that allows the price of a product to be overriden so that you could pass in any price. You'd need to contact me by e-mail for this as this involves a lot of work and isn't free.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X