Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems upgrading from V6 to V7

I've recently upgraded from V6 to V7 and I'm getting the following errors:

1. Server scripts are incompatible (within Actinic)

2. When clicking add to basket it simply says 'please specify words for the search'

3. When searching: Error: Mallformed XML cart template (missing ImageLine)

I've spoken to Actinic support and on their advice cleared pl/fil/pm/cat files from the server and site1 folder, and then refreshed the website. All to no avail.

We're hoping to launch next week too, can anybody help here?? Is it worth installing the latest V7 update?

You can see the site so far here: http://www.coolgiftsforkids.co.uk/index2.html

Many thanks in advance.

I've spoken to Actinic support and on their advice cleared pl/fil/pm/cat files from the server and site1 folder, and then refreshed the website. All to no avail.
    you need to clear pl/fil/pm/cat files as suggested, and then copy the pl and pm files across from the folder called original into site1, then do a site refresh.

effectively by not replacing the pl and pm files your site has no scripts hence the errors you have

Comment

Thanks pinbrook, but I did that too. And still the problems occurred.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

2. When clicking add to basket it simply says 'please specify words for the search'
        You are missing a </form> at the end of the quick search tool. Add this into Act_SimpleSearch.html.
        3. When searching: Error: Mallformed XML cart template (missing ImageLine)
        I I think you need to copy an original 'Act_ResultsTemplate.html' file from 'Formats/Themes/BusinessCSS' into your 'Site1' folder. That should do it.

With regards to the Perl scripts, can I ask you to locate PerlScript.pl in your 'Site1' folder and open it in Notepad.

Search for 'scriptVersionDayno'. It should highlight a line that looks like...

my $s_scriptVersionDayno = "7 EFQA"; # script version and dayno

What does your script say between the quote marks?

Comment

Thank you cdicken, your suggestions fixed all my problems!

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X