X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: The input is NULL

I clicked the Checkout Now button it would crash with the following error:

A General Script Error Occurred

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----
    Error: The input is NULL
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    One of our site users got the above error. This item was not subject to stock control. Any ideas what may have happened to cause this.
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Yes. he's using a version of IE that had a posting bug. When the browser tries to 'POST' data from a form and timesout, it retries the POST but doesn't send the data, hence the error.

It only happens occasionally and microsoft has since released a fix as part of it's bug/update releases.

Your customer should update his browser (and switch on the automatic update feature on his OS). By not doing so he's leaving his PC wide open to a number of known hacks and software bugs.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the very prompt reply.
      Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
        Yes. he's using a version of IE that had a posting bug. When the browser tries to 'POST' data from a form and timesout, it retries the POST but doesn't send the data, hence the error.

It only happens occasionally and microsoft has since released a fix as part of it's bug/update releases.

Your customer should update his browser (and switch on the automatic update feature on his OS). By not doing so he's leaving his PC wide open to a number of known hacks and software bugs.

Mike
        I have updated my system with these MS updates and im still getting the script error.

I have since found that if i order 1 product from my site it works fine i get redirected to my payment company, if i order 29 products i receive this General Script Error.

Would the error have anything to do with the size of the order?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X