Problems sending email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems sending email

I'm having some problems sending email via Actinic. It keeps hanging (email by other means is fine). When it hangs I have to close down Actinic using CTRL Alt Del - this then causes the order to stay on the pending screen, even though the payment has been processed and the goods marked as shipped.

Firstly - any ideas why this is happening, and secondly is there anyway I can clear these orders to completed tab?

Not my day today!

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Hi Kathy,

Sending the email or not shouldn't prevent an order from completing. Definitely sounds like a bad day.

For the order to complete, all you have to od is:

- Print off the packing list
    - Process payments.
    - Mark all products as shipped
    - Print out the invoice.

If you've done all this then it sounds to me like you should get Actinic support involved. If you have Actinic cover then give them a call, otherwise lodge a request here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike - I think it was the fact that Actinic hung and I had to close it that caused the order to not complete as I've done all the other things.

Got cover so will contact support in the morning.

Now - if only I could sort the other problems!

Regards

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

what do you have in your SMTP server settings Kathy?

have you tried "localhost" without the quotes, which you will need to update your site after making this change to see if it works... Also, have you spoken with your host about whether they have changed anything on the server to do with localhost email server connections...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - everything is fine with settings - sent email again since the problem and it's OK.

Not contacted my host - still having MAJOR problems with them - will email you tomorrow as per your email to me last week!!

Thanks

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
          X