Questions on Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Coupons

Am I right in thinking that the same coupon could be used to enable multiple discounts? I'm thinking that we will need a number of product groups, but I want to be able to use a single coupon code for a discount across the shop.

It would also be nice to be able to copy a discount option, as one of the ideas we have is to set up a number of coupons in advance, and use the "valid from/to" facility. This will thus reduce maintenance, but I'm going to have to set up a fair number of them to match all of the groups and time periods. I note there is a report to print them, so that will be a great tool to print the details for checking.

I did wonder if the product groups might be non-exclusive, so I could for example create a group for software, a group for physical, and a group for each of the product ranges. But this isn't possible, so it means each product range will have to have a software and physical group, and each then its discount coupons set up. If some sort of consideration for this could be added to the wishlist, I'd appreciate it. Mind, I'm new to it at the moment so I don't know how bad this will be in practice. But I do know that I'd like the product list in the group editor to be wider, and to have the product codes available too. And when you click an item, it should set a label to the full text - waiting for the hint to appear is very frustrating as it doesn't always work.

Hmm, silly thought - is the coupon stuff easily accessible via the database? Is it a single table, or lots of linked tables? I wonder if creating a master set, and then programmatically duplicating them and altering the dates and coupon codes would be sensible. Then I could just "reapply" the duplications any time I made a change.

All thoughts welcome.
    Matthew

As far as I can recall there is no such restriction on coupons. Therefore you can use the same coupon code to trigger more than one discount.

The copy discount option sounds like a good idea. I have added it to our wish list.

Unluckily the product groups must be exclusive. Originally we wanted to implement a more flexible solution where a product could be in more than one product group but that leads too far (there might be discount setup where it is impossible to figoure out which discount needs to be applied).

The discounts are stored in 3 tables in the database. If you are feeling lucky you can check that but I wouldn't recommend. :-)

Regards,
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks - I'll see how it goes, and ask if I have problems.
      Matthew

Comment

Working...
      X