Shipping costs (unknown amount added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping costs (unknown amount added)

I've got a querry to do with shipping, we have 4 shipping zones 2 for the uk one for EU and another for the remainder.

We then have 3 classes with different rates depending on 3 weights, all products fit into one of these three rates (by weight).

So if a customer is in the UK higher rate zone the total of the products weight will be calculated differently to if the customer was in the rest of the UK (see attached image shipping-settings.gif).

This worked great until we dropped the basic rate across all zones, now at check out the customer pays the correct ammount (inc correct shipping rate), but when the order is downloaded to ordermanager we get an incomplete payment message, this is due to an extra amount being added into the shipping costs, it is always the same £3.67.

(see attached image shipping-settings-ordermanager.gif) The amount of £8.00 is associated with the product, where does the £3.67 come from?

Sorry that was so long winded, but I hope it makes sence, thanks for taking a look.
    Attached Files
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

Can anybody help, do you need more info?
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

Comment

Hi Justin,

I've forwarded this issue to the Development team. They are working on your issue and unfortunately it is taking more time. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
      Cheers,
      Suresh Babu G

Comment

thank you.
        Justin Rowe
        Shiver

Comment

Any news Suresh,

we're kind of stuck without being able to offer correct billing and shipping info.
          Justin Rowe
          Shiver

Comment

Hi Justin,

As you have revised your shipping rates on the Upload/Maintenance PC, you would also need to do the same on the Order Manager to download & process orders without any issues.

To resolve this issue, please export ('File | Snapshot | Export site') a snapshot of your site from your Upload PC and import ('File | Snapshot | Import site') it to your Order Manager. That will make your shipping tables match and the difference amount will disappear.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
            Cheers,
            Suresh Babu G

Comment

tried that and will still get the same error with the updated postage/shipping rates updated correctly.

see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=7883 as we lost all orders when we updated.
              Justin Rowe
              Shiver

Comment

Hi Justin,

Can I have your Website URL? I think you are still trying to download your old orders which are causing these differences in shipping rate. Try placing a Test order in your website. (when you are sure that you have the same version and settings on both your upload PC and Order Manager) Download that order and check whether you still have the difference.

Keep us posted and we'll continue our investigation.

Cheers,
                Cheers,
                Suresh Babu G

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us so soon.

The url is www.gtt.uk.com

We have run test orders since the update (snapshot) the new shipping prices have updated ie basic was £8 it's now £5.95 and is being shown correctly in the order in Order Manager.

However we still have the extra £'s showing in order manager and if the payment was made by CC then it shows as partial payment.

I've attached a new screen shot of shipping in order manager.

Vers are 6.1.4 for both.
                  Attached Files
                  Justin Rowe
                  Shiver

Comment

Hi Justin,

Can you please mail me your site snapshot. ('File | Snapshot | Export Site')
                    My email address is 'sbsupport [@] actinic.co.uk' (without space and [])

Cheers,
                    Cheers,
                    Suresh Babu G

Comment

email sent.
                      Justin Rowe
                      Shiver

Comment

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the email.

But, please send your site snapshot ('File | Snapshot | Export Site')
                        as that would give us a fair idea about your shipping table structure.

Cheers,
                        Cheers,
                        Suresh Babu G

Comment

It's 23mb, FTP?
                          Justin Rowe
                          Shiver

Comment

Hi Justin,

If you could mail me your FTP details, I can go ahead and download your site snapshot from there.

Cheers,
                            Cheers,
                            Suresh Babu G

Comment

Hi Justin,

Could you try this out for me?:

Shut down Actinic and browse to your Site1 folder. Locate ActinicCatalog.mdb and copy it to your desktop (for backup purposes). Open the ActinicCatalog.mdb in the Site1 folder (Access 2000 required). Look for the OrderTracking table and open it. Highlight the whole grid and delete it by pressing delete on your keyboard.

Shut down Access, open Actinic and upload. Place a test order and download it.

Does this correct the extra shipping charge problem?
                              Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
                              X