Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF supposed to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF supposed to work?

Hi,
    I'm trying to use NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF in the Act_RightProductLine.html template, but it does not seem to return anything - it just appears as NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF in the preview code.

Is there any way of making this work? (I need the product ref returned, in a pure form - no # codes or anything).

Thanks,
    Nick Morecroft.

The reason I would like the Product Ref, is that I am trying to add increase/decrease buttons to the side of the quantity box.

I have successfully done this with the following code:

In your ProductLine template, after:
    NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXMLNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

add:
    <input type=button value="up" onClick="javascript:this.form.Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF.value++;">
    <input type=button value="down" onClick="javascript:this.form.Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF.value--;">

The problem being; if your catalog uses anything but letters or numbers in it's reference numbers, Actinic renders the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF field with entity references instead of the actual characters, rendering the script useless.

e.g. A product ref of PPAIWT/S would render as PPAIWT&amp;#47;S in the code. (This also happens with other characters, such as - )

To get round this, I was hoping NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF might render the product ref without re-formatting it, but as I've said before, it does not even get generated, just appearing as NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREF in the final code.

Nick.

Comment

P.S. I had to remove all the text from the language settings to get the code using NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF to work.

Design, Text, Web Site, Misc tab;
      (Reference #%s) - set to: %s

Comment

Try using NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE. That's what Norman uses in his fix for doing hidden quantity values.

Comment

Thanks, that worked a treat!

By the way, NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE is not documented in the EditingTemplates.pdf file. (Not surprising as the file was last update Aug 2000!)

I'll post the working plus/minus button code as a new thread, so people can get a chance to see it in context.

Nick Morecroft.

Comment

Hi,

I think the NETQUOTEVAR:ACTUALPRODUCTREFERENCE is how it was done in early versions of Actinic and the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE is how it's done now. The documentation needs changing.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X