FTP stops responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP stops responding

I have been trying to upload a site under development and on 4 out 6 attempts Developer has displayed the "Not Responding" alert. I used to get this occasionally with v6, but this is happening a lot more with v7.01.

We have our own server so I doubt it can be linked to server activity. My PC is a new Dell.
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

have you got passive FTP enabled ?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

No. It was not enabled on the V6 either.
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

When you say your PC is a new Dell, are you using a different PC with v7 than you were with v6? I only ask because some PCs come with various firewall softwares that have their security settings up so high, that Actinic has issues getting through.

Comment

I think you will find this issue covered here
          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=7762
          the way i get around it is to close my connection, actinic will time out instantly, reconnect then click retry.

Mine freezes most often at creating directory structure, actually every time.

there is a fix coming in V6.1.5 and V7.02 not sure when these are expected?

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Chris has announced the 6.1.5 beta already. I look forward to hearing how people get on with it.

You could try with passive FTP enabled, but generally if it works at all without it then it isn't needed. It's always worth try though.

Mike

Comment

that was quick, i thought the ftp changes would be longer that. Well that was what i had been led to believe from some of the posts

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                When you say your PC is a new Dell, are you using a different PC with v7 than you were with v6? I only ask because some PCs come with various firewall softwares that have their security settings up so high, that Actinic has issues getting through.
                It is the same PC. I tried passive FTP when I was using v6.1.4 but it still happened, as did the CGI time-outs. I'll try passive FTP with 7.01 then see if the next patch helps.

Bob
                Bob Isaac
                Director/Web Admin
                Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

that was quick

Hardly!! we've been asking for this for about a year!!

Comment

Jo

i did not mean the time to re-write it, i meant last week it was under investigation and there is a lot to do blah blah blah, then this week its in beta

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

It's what I always used to call 'sandbagging'.

You plan conservatively and lower expectations so that people are then happy when you deliver early.

It is probably better than promising quick delivery and being late, but do it too much and people catch on and don't believe your dates anymore.

Mike

Comment

They made that mistake with V7, last year it was due first quarter, then mid spring then early 2nd quarter, i know there was alot to do but you are right, people got there hopes up then eveyone started asking about it in april and im sure people at actinic got the hump with people keep on asking

cheers
                        Darren

Hmmmm Sand Bagging - one for the meetings

Comment

Working...
                        X