Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptation of Pop-Up Defaults

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to change the default view of the pop-up box? I want to get rid of the default heading text etc and have a simple frame.

Thanks

Sarah

The popup routine is in actiniccore.js (in your Site1 folder) the relevant bit is right at the bottom (with the wrong introductory comments tut-tut).

Code:
    function ShowPopUp(sUrl, nWidth, nHeight)
      	{  
    	window.open(sUrl, 'ActPopup', 'width=' + nWidth + ',height=' + nHeight + ',scrollbars, resizable');
    	}
    If you have a JavaScript or HTML book that deals with the window.open function that will tell you all you need to know.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank You

Thanks Norman, will have a look.

Comment

if you wanted the pop up not to be a pop up but a normal page, would you be looking to alter this same piece of code to replace it with href etc?

Comment

Pop-Up Default Changes

Hi

Will changing the java code change the style globally in the site. I wanted to keep two different styles of pop-up?

Thanks

Sarah

Comment

Will changing the java code change the style globally in the site. I wanted to keep two different styles of pop-up?
            It will change it on all pages that use an overall layout template that refers to actiniccore.js.

You could create two *.js files (call the second one actiniccore2.js or something) and then create a second overall layout template (called Act_Primary2.html or something) that refers to this new *.js file. The references to the *.js files are in the <head> sections of the overall layout templates - normally around line 20.

Comment

You could also redefine the ShowPopup function in the alternative Primary template instead of duplicating the entire actiniccore.js (which might lead to problems if Actinic changes this file). Just add the following ( it must be after the <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT> line however).

Code:
              <script language=JavaScript>
              <!--
              function ShowPopUp(sUrl, nWidth, nHeight)
                	{  
              	window.open(sUrl, 'ActPopup', 'width=' + nWidth + ',height=' + nHeight + ',scrollbars, resizable');
              	}
              // -->
              </script>
              Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks

Thanks as always for your invaluable support.

Re gards

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X