Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User enterable text (times 2)

Hi,

I am fairly new to actinic. I have a catalog in development right now and am expecting to launch on the web in August.

My products are engraveable. First with a "crest design" of choice. Can be from thousands available so client types in the name of the association and we engrave the crest representing it (we have a catalog of thousands of these crests). This is done using the prompts tab (other info: ) from product details.

The problem I have is that the client can also have an individual message engraved too. So I need another "other info:" box. One is just not enough

Does anyone know how I can do this? Also...what is the limit to number of characters a client can type in this box.

Thanks for looking.

Simon

I've a patch that extends the Other Info prompt to allow lots of fields. You can have a maximum of 1000 characters of such info.

See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ for info.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
      I've a patch that extends the Other Info prompt to allow lots of fields. You can have a maximum of 1000 characters of such info.

See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ for info.

Norman
      Hi Norman,

Thank you. That is SOME SERIOUS amount of patching

It would be Soooo much easier if Actinic did this as standard. Afterall...I am sure there are many requirements like this.

Thanks for your input. I will give this a go when I am niether drinking or driving

Have a great weekend.

Simon

Comment

Hi Norman,

I have followed the patch start to finish. I did it twice in the end

The fix works but is causing internal server error in other parts of the site.

For instance: When I click on the catalog link on the homepage. The menu link looks like this:

Products

and it links to:

http://mysitename.org/cgi-bin/ss0000...html&NOLOGIN=1

This then causes the error 500 internal server error.

Likewise when I go to click on Order Now button, Checkout, View Basket etc I also get the internal server error.

Have you experienced this before. Can this be caused by any of the changes I made?

I am using Business version 6.1.4

Thanks
        Simon

My Error Log States This:

Premature end of script headers: /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl

Also files mentioned are:

ca000001.pl
        os000001.pl
        Last edited by simonmc; 03-Jul-2004, 09:43 AM. Reason: Added Error Logo Info

Comment

You've probably made an error in patching one of the Perl scripts. Attached is an updated readme that contains some troubleshhoting info.

Norman
          Attached Files
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thanks.

I found the problem. It was a little confusing patching the ActinicOrder.pm There are alot of comments in a couple of the sub routines and it is not entirely clear where the sub routines actually end. The first time round I stopped at the first major block of comments without realising that the sub routine continues on past that.

Anyway...All fixed now. Seems to work well.

Simon

Comment

Working...
            X