Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart problems being due to cookies?

Hi all

another problem being when ordering a product i get and empty cart when viewing the cart again once been through the site is there anyway of overcoming this, i think its due to the cookie settings but if anyone can clarify this for me that would be great....

im testing the site on IE verson 6.0.2800
    and Mozilla 1.6

ive managed to overcome this problem when viewing on IE but im getting this error now with Mozilla and sometimes with IE when viewing on different PC's is there any solution for this as i think there maybe a need to put a info on the home page informing shopper that the online store runs on cookies and they may have to set the cookies to allow the site.

Thanks for any information given in advance

Last edited by theultimate; 05-Jul-2004, 11:50 AM. Reason: made tag errors

Hi

Can I have a look at your website to understand the problem better?

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

hey some response thanks again for this

the site is

HTML Code:
      handtech.co.uk/acatalog
      the domain has to have acatalog at the present moment as the main domain name is forwarding to the current site, the reason you cant just type in handtech.co.uk as it forwards onto the current site and we had customers coming to the new site when it wasnt even ready to be launched so please bare with me so if you can try to go to the link above and place acatalog after domain for the correct Actinic powered site. If you end up at the wrong place

Thanks in advance

D

Comment

Hi

I checked out your website. I was able to view the cart contents without any problems. Is this is an intermittent problem?

You could try the following optons :-

1. In Windows explorer, browse to C:\ProgramFiles\ActinicEcommerceV7\Sites\ and double click on your Site 1 (or equivalent folder). Select all files ending with .cat and .fil extensions. Delete these. In Actinic, click on Web | Refresh Website.

2. You might also want to try setting up a P3P policy for your site. In Actinic, click on View | Business Settings, and select the Terms and Conditions tab. Click on the sub-tab 'Privacy Policy'. Click on the 'Select' button and choose from the list. Click Apply and Ok.

3. Also, since you mentioned using IE 6.0.28, can you go to Help and About and see which is latest Update Version mentioned there ?

Cheers
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X