Mail Server -HSBC Secure payment - Data Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail Server -HSBC Secure payment - Data Protection

I am currently evaulating Actinic business 6.14 as I had problems integrating a gateway between my website and HSBC. I have a number of questions which I will list below rather than opening a new thread each time.

(1) I have setup the network settings and the test in Advanced Network settings box say everythng is ok, but when I try to send a mail from a customer order it says "failed to communicate with SMTP Server". I know my SMTP server address is right as the info has been provided by my Web Hosting Company and it has been tested using the network test function.

(2) I have added my client / store ID and Hash code for the HSBC configuration but the order remains Pending and I get nothing in the HSBC securepayments store order. I am running in test mode, but it should not matter, I think, can someone clarify.

(3) I was under the impression that once my customer has completed his basket and went to the checkout, HSBC Securepayments would take over and the customer would enter his details on their secure site ? I am not bothered either way, as long as I get the basket authorised so that I may send the goods to the customer.

(4) As this is my firsttime venture into ECommerce, is there any Data protection guidelines or registration required.

Hi Khalil

1. Just checking the obvious first: are you connected to the internet when you are sending the email from the customer order? Does the email address entered in Business Settings | Company/Contact use the same domain name as your smtp server? Did you receive an email as part of the successful test?

2. If you have placed an order either in Test mode or Production mode, and the cc details are authorised correctly, the order will be downloaded into Pending. It will remain here until you print the invoice and ship the order, or export the order.

3. The customer will enter the Actinic checkout, enter address details etc and then be forwarded to the HSBC site for processing the payment. HSBC will authorise the card details for you. If there is any problem with the authorisation, the order will be downloaded into 'Pending Payment Service Provider' and will only move into 'Pending' once the authorisation is received.

4. This site has some information on data protection in the UK.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
    X