Quick Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Search

I want to my customer to be able to search for a product in my catalogue by part number.

Will this work...?!!

If i ceatre a custom propertie, i.e PARTNUMBER, then using this custom propertie on each product page will the customer be able to do a part number sreach?!

If not, any ideas on how I can do this..

Thanks
    Regards
    Nav

Hi Nav

With Actinic Business, you can search on custom properties. Once you have created a custom property and specified some values in some of your products, you can set up the search in View | Search Settings | Searchable Properties. However, this works better for categorising the products rather than giving each an individual part number as the html display shows a list rather than a search field for customer entry.

Why not use the product reference field or include the part number in the product description?

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks for the advice

so how do I go about using the product reference as suggested.

Comment

Disable the 'Auto generate product references' in Business Settings | Options. This leaves the product reference field in the Product Details dialogue open for you to enter a value.
        Ben Popplestone

Comment

I take it that there is a NETQUOTEVAR, that will show the value on the product page then....

Comment

Nav, sorry for the delay in coming back to you. Yes the NQV is NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF.
            Ben Popplestone

Comment

Working...
            X