X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload error

Hi there

Can anyone help with this error?

An error occurred while merging files on the remote site. The website index has been corrupted. Catalog is unable to update the index. Copy ../public_html/acatalog/fulltext.fil to ../public_html/acatalog/oldtext.fil failed. Permission denied. Please refresh the site.

Thanks - John

I would suggest a web refresh to sort out this problem. If this doesn't help then try to manually remove the files from your server and try a refresh again. I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks - that worked a treat!

Comment

Same Problems

I have deleted all the files off the server however the error keeps reappearing after every full refresh and normal upload. Any suggestion would be appreciated
        Regards.

Lee Jackson
        Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
        Centurius Website
        Portfolio of Work

Comment

Hi Lee,

Try also deleting the .cat and .fil files within your site folder and again do a refresh of the site.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

I too had exactly the same error message.

I read in another post that this may be due to the server timing out and followed the instructions to:
            Click Advanced/Network Setup
            Check the "Use Enhanced FTP" box
            Click "FTP Otions..." button
            Check the "Silent Running - Enabled" box

I then followed the instructions give here and COMPLETELY removed the Acatalog directory, (Using SmartFTP).
            I then did a "refresh site"
            Result was SUCCESS!

Hope this helps somebody else.
            j

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
              I too had exactly the same error message.

I read in another post that this may be due to the server timing out and followed the instructions to:
              Click Advanced/Network Setup
              Check the "Use Enhanced FTP" box
              Click "FTP Otions..." button
              Check the "Silent Running - Enabled" box
              Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can please help? I have also been having upload problems where the connection is timing out (v7). I tried refreshing the website and it gets stuck on the .pl files. Also when I tried the above (have not attempted to delete acatalog off server) a Visual Basic C++ error box popped up and it automatically closed my developer! Then even with developer closed down, another pop up box appears stating "Internal error".

When I then check in my task manager, catalogue.exe is still running on the pc?

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
              pwh

Comment

Try this...

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat & .fil within your /acatalog/ folder

4. Within your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat & .fil files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder

Now refresh your site from the Web menu ( Web | Refresh Website )

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

I have been having problems again today with a new site that won't upload.
                  Same error message as above.
                  I tried all that I had tried before but to no avail.
                  I spoke with our hosting engineer and he made a slight mod to Apachie.
                  He ran suexec which forces the "webserver user" to run as the same user as the "FTPserver user".
                  This worked first time.
                  The whole issue is down to permissions.
                  It could very well be down to the hosting configuration at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                  X