Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order level discounts

Hi all

ok as i have managed to get the discount to work the way i want and with some tweaking from Zoltan, we find the data entry reports are confusing, but these are all on other threads. what is actually needed is a modifiction to the order level discount.

At present you can add 2 restrictions either payment method or customer group, what is actually needed is a third "product group" then i can use this method of discounting and you get the discount showing in the right place on the website and on the reports.

I have to use cart contents as this is the only way i can exclude products from getting discounts, hence the problems, as this method is geared to set varying discounts to different product ranges. In the future i will probably need these but at present i just need a simple yes it does & no it does not

I hope this helps clarify things

Therefore (if you read this far) Wish List add a 3rd restriction to order level discount - by product group

If anyone else has other ways of doing this

Please let me know
    Cheers
    Darren

Sorry Darren but I can't really see the point here. Order level discounts are based on the total order value. Therefore they can only be restricted to global level options. Product group is a property of the cart items and so they are on lower level.
    You can set up restrictions on product groups as the whole product level discounts are restricted to a specific product group.

Probably I just misunderstood something. So maybe you can show an example to shed some light into the problem.

Regards,
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Hi Zoltan

at present i am using the fix you have made to the actinicorder.pm with the addition of the custom properties. however at the time of writing i did not know these changes would be in V7.0.2 so i was asking for it to be added. Now that this is going to be included then order level one is not needed although i thought it would be easier, but i suppose not as all that is need is a few changes to scripts and reports and changing order level is probably more involved.

all i need is the discount information consolidated at the bottom of the products in the basket online (which you kindly done for me) and on the reports as apposed to each product featuring its own break down of the discount i have added thepic from the other post to help explain

hope this helps clarify things a bit more

Cheers
      Darren
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X