Compact Html?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compact Html?

Hello, I’ve been trying to figure this problem out for many days now. Look at the two pages below, they both have identical overall image size but the first page loads up much quicker than the second. If you look at the source code in the browser the html code of the first page looks much more compact and therefore loads quicker. I have the compact html button checked but how can one section have more compact html than then other?

Page 1

Page 2

have you compacted you data base recently?

not sure if this is the full answer but when you make alot of changes things get a bit untidy in the actinic db

go to housekeeping and compact database, mind you crystals does come up as twice the size as heel pain if you save them as a text file and look at the physical size, crystals has more content

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Thanks for your input
      I've always been quite scared to compact the database as I’m not sure if it will all work again! Crystals does have more content but in the subsections, not in the main page. Still don't understand how the source code could appear so different. Oh, well I'll have to pluck up the courage and compact the database.

Comment

It's unlikely to be the database. Compacting that just removes dead space that appears when you add/move/change things around.

The second page is more than twice the size of the first 44K bytes Vs 17K Bytes and appears to have a bunch of javascript that the first one doesn't.

I think that's the problem. Extra code to load and javascript that has to be run before it starts loading the images in.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X