web site configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web site configuration

I am using actinic 6.1.4. and I am in the process of changing my site to a new hosting company. I have changed the network settings to the new host but when I press the test setting button I keep getting the message :-

Actinic Ecommerce received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

I have checked all the path setting are correct and the version of perl . Can anyone help?

The most common problems are:

1) in the network setup.
    2) in the permissions setup.

You don't say anything about your network setup, ISP or servers so it's really hard to comment.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Network

I am using a broadband connection through NTL, which worked fine when updating files to my old hosting company. The only difference is my new hosting company uses a unix server where as my previous host used Windows.

Comment

You will need to look at your network settings. Who si your new host?

Comment

Sorry, by 'network setup' I meant the network settings within Actinic.

Rather than running the test, make a note of the settings (or export them to a file) and try running the network wizard and see if that gives you the same network settings.

If it does, the next thing to try is the directory permissions. Here's what Chris has to say on the subject.

It sounds like you have a Unix/Linux server. You need to do something called 'CHMOD' to your 'acatalog' folder and your 'cgi-bin' folder. This is a way of setting the permissions.

Check your FTP software you use to upload to the web. You need to use CHMOD to change the permissions of the cgi-bin to '755' and the permissions of the 'acatalog' folder (initially) to '777'.
          Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X