Coupon operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon operation

I'm just experimenting with coupons, and they seem rather like they need a little tweaking to me. The display of the discount uses the name of the discount in the dialog, which means that rather than use a code, it needs to be nicer text. I was using "FA_JULY", but that means nothing when shown in the checkout. I figured that would be what the presentation text was for, but quickly found out that the presentation text gets shown against every product (okay, optional), but doesn't get shown in the checkout system at all. So it is more of a "promotional" text.

That then leaves me with a problem, which I think is going to be best solved by using the name "Coupon MYCODE" as the name of the discount, so at least it will show properly in the cart. But when I show "all" discounts, I'll get multiples, one for each product group.

If there is no way to sort this in the existing version, then I'd really like a way to customise the checkout text displayed. As well as being able to copy an existing discount (including from another product if possible!).

Thanks
    Matthew

Hi Matthew

I have forwarded the query to our senior developers and am expecting a reply from them over the weekend. Will keep you posted.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

... just before the weekend starts (returned from a meeting). :-)

Really some tweaking is required for you because it is not possible in the current version (but I have asked our support staff to add it to the wish list).

If you are fancy about script customisation then you can achieve that discount title in the cart by doing some simple changes in the scripts.

At first backup your Cart.pm and ActinicOrder.pm files.

Then open your Cart.pm in a plain text editor and look for the line
      Code:
      $Temp[$::eAdjIdxProductDescription] = $$pItem[$::eAdjIdxProductDescription];
      Just below this line insert the following:
      Code:
      $Temp[$::eAdjIdxCouponCode] = $$pItem[$::eAdjIdxCouponCode];
      Then save the file and open ActinicOrder.pm now. Look for the line
      Code:
      @Response = ACTINIC::EncodeText($parrAdjustDetails->[$::eAdjIdxProductDescription]);
      and just below this insert the following:
      Code:
      if ($parrAdjustDetails->[$::eAdjIdxCouponCode] ne "")
      	{
      	@Response = ACTINIC::EncodeText($parrAdjustDetails->[$::eAdjIdxCouponCode]);
      	}
      Save this file as well and upload your site. Now if the discount uses a coupon code then that will be displayed in the cart instead of the discount title.

I hope this helps.

BTW please note that Actinic doesn't support any script customisation therefore you should apply these changes at your own risk.

Regards,
      Zoltan
      Actinic Software
      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that. I've grabbed a copy, but will probably leave it as is just for safety. I've changed my codes to "coupon AB123 NN" so that it looks better, and I'll see how it goes.
        Matthew

Comment

Working...
        X