Getting rid of WorldPay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of WorldPay

I have been using Worldpay for 2 years now and although happy with their service and the way it integrates with Actinic, I'm unhappy with the c. 8% of fees I lose to them with every transaction.

It also seems a bit strange for the customer to go to my site then onto Worldpay who hold their details.

Is there a way i can cut Worldpay out of the loop and get the customer to pay me direct without the middleman skim of my money?

Do you have a merchant account? i.e. do you take cards in the real world?

with a merchant account you can save a lot of money over companies like worldpay. my commisions boil down to about 2%.

Like you I used to have worldpay doing my website payments and then I would take payments in the real world with a electronic swipe machine. which would upload the payments daily for which I was charged a quarterly polling fee of £30 . Add on to this the £200 yearly fee from world pay and their very high commisions.

I now use a Payment Service Provider to interface my merchant account with Lloyds Cardnet they cost £20 a month for virtually unlimited transactions. I also save money because I use the same PSP to upload all my offline transactions. So I dont need to use the polling company recomended by Cardnet, any more and the psp link up to my site exactly the same way as worldpay did.

Are you really being charged 8% commisions? I routinley call comapnies like taht and ask for a rate review. I got world pay down a little bit, but Lloyds are good every 6 months I shave a little off.

I hope this helps.

Alex
    Alex Alden
    CentralCrafts.Com

Comment

4.5% is the norm with Worldpay. If you do more than £5000 with them each month then you can ask for a rate review

Comment

The Worldpay / Streamline combi with your own Merchant account is a decent way forward, Worldpay commission at 1% plus streamline's commission which varies with the revenue of the business.

Comment

Thanks all - I have a streamline machine so will contact my merchant to see what they can do for me.

May need external help though as I guess I'll need a secure server etc.

Comment

We do all ours manually through our machine, the same way we do telephone orders. This way we keep the costs down and when customers make a mistake it is easier to rectify. No money has changed hands so the new order is easier to do

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

My problem is that we have that many transactions that doing them manually is almost impossible - plus the Digital Download of Actinic is a godsend which can only work with online payment

Comment

World pay are fine for you to use for credit card processing. I think you should talk to them about the rate that they are charging you. You should be able to reduce that to 4% or less depending on the volume and value

Comment

Working...
                X