Using images in Sectionlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using images in Sectionlink

i prefer to use the longest possible descriptive names for each page/section

unfortunately this can translate into 2-3 lines of section links - as defined by Act_Parentsectionslink.html

ideally i would like to maintain the long section names and use short names in the sectionlink heading

i thought i could do this by using (section) images (with the short name text), but all efforts at modifying Act_Parentsectionslink.html with CUSTOMVARs and NETQUOTVARs have failed

any suggestions?

(it would be really nice if actinic provided an alternative template html for doing this with images

thanks

Hi Harry

You could try using fragments for this purpose, wherein you can assign an image and display desired text as well.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Krithika, thanks for your reply

i'm probably being thick, but your suggestion using fragments doesn't seem to solve the problem

basically i want the page title to be as comprehensive as possible in its description of what the page does - in my experience, it seems to help with search engines like google (at the same time i wanted to minimise the parent/child section links to just one line by using short names for the granparent/parent... pages)

if i do create long section names, then actinic automatically tranlates the contents of PAGEHEADER into the <TITLE> contents (I think?), which in turn defines the parent/child sectionlinks... which brings me back to square 1

Incidentally, i noticed that Actinic also inserts at the beinning of each page <TITLE> the company name, as defined in Business settings - I would prefer to omit this.... If I make that field NULL, does it have implications elsewhere, e.g. would invoices/orders and any other pages will lose the company name?

cheers

Comment

Harry

You are going in the correct direction with CUSTOMVARS.

Create a CUSTOMVAR:MYSECTIONTITLE

In Act_Primary.html change

<title>
        NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
        </title>

to read

<title>
        CUSTOMVAR:MYSECTIONTITLE
        </title>

When editing the section details choose properties and add your CUSTOMVAR.

In the next box put the text you wish to appear as the Page Title and tick the box "Use as Customvar"

This should put your required page title in the browser title bar but leave the short name in the javascript menu
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

thanks

i came to almost the same conclusion after reading about generating your own <TITLE> in the Actinic Design doc

Comment

Working...
          X