Having a larger box for the 'Other Info' Prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a larger box for the 'Other Info' Prompt

On Page 54 of the AUG there is an explanation on how to change the Other Info Prompt so that it becomes a text area, instead of a single line.

However this only seems to work when the Shopping Mode is set to Quantity on Product page, and not the Quantity in Shopping Cart mode that I am using.

Is it possible for this to work in the later mode??

I've got a hack that changes the Other Info prompt to contain a large number of user definable additional input fields.

You can find it at www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html

It's quite a lot of patching though, and still only works with the Quantity on Product Page at present.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Gary

You have been dealing with Ben with this, and he should have sent you the solution. I have posted it here for everyone's benefit.

Edit ActinicOrder.pm

Where it says:
      $sHTML = "<INPUT TYPE=TEXT SIZE=\"35\" NAME=\"O_$nIndex\" VALUE=\"$sValue\" $sStyle>";

change this to

$sHTML = "<textarea name=\"O_$nIndex\" VALUE=\"$sValue\" $sStyle></textarea>";

Then upload your store.

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.

Comment

Dear Chris

Does this mean that I can have a text area input without having to have Quantity on the Product Page?

Thanks
        Sue

Comment

Thats works very well although.... id like to make it a little wider - by default its only 19characters wide - i'd like 35

I have tried adding SIZE=/"35/" but this seems to have little effect.

---------

sue: It does....

Comment

I have been playing with that code and whilst it does give a text box whenyou leave the cart to contine shopping the date is lost when you want to checkout, and it has to be re keyed.

Rather spookily, if you have item in you cart and continue shopping, and I then upload with the standard setting from ActinicOrder.pl when you goto the cart cagain the "other info data" appear in the single line!!!

Comment

I'll speak to the person that did the fix and get back to you on it.

Comment

Ben's sent you this, but here it is for the record.

For 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' shopping mode...

-Edit ActinicOrder.pm
                -Locate 'sub InfoHTMLGenerate'
                -About 25 lines down you will see..

$sHTML = "<INPUT TYPE=TEXT SIZE=\"35\" NAME=\"O_$nIndex\"
                VALUE=\"$sValue\" $sStyle>";

(all one line)

-Replace the line with...

$sHTML = "<TEXTAREA NAME=\"O_$nIndex\" COLS=60 ROWS=10
                $sStyle>$sValue</TEXTAREA>";

(all one line)

For 'Quantity on Product Page' shopping mode...

-Design | Text | GoTo Phase=-1 ID=2161
                -Change...
                %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d">

-to...
                %s<TEXTAREA NAME="%s" COLS=%d ROWS=10 MAXLENGTH="%d"></TEXTAREA>

Warning, when setting the box size in the script bear in mind that the text box is also used when editing the cart.

Both cases tested with v6.0.2

Comment

Working...
                X