Error Starting Catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Starting Catalog

This morning Catalog was working fine, this afternoon on starting it I received an error regarding connectionwizard.dll and MFC42.dll, this message was removed by restoring MFC42.dll. After doing this I now receive the following message on starting catalog.

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Opening the table

Driver does not support this function

Action: Contact Technical support

And it doesn't proceed any further. I've tried renaming the backup file so it uses that mdb instead, but still receive the same error message.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or do you have any idea how to solve it? As I need to use catalog urgently !

Rob.

(I'm using Win 98SE btw)

Hi Rob

Hmm.. Actinic cannot open your backup or original database. My Suggestion would be to find your cd of Actinic.
    When exploring the cd you will have an DAO folder. Go into this folder and you will see a DISK1 folder. Go into here, and double click on SETUP.EXE, to install the DAO object.

Once its installed, restart Windows 98

Please try this

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. I've managed to get the site/catalog working on another computer, by getting it to the same version number and copying across the Site1 folder, security key etc and that opened the database ok. I guess the only way I can get it back on this computer, is to uninstall and reinstall the software?!

Comment

Hi Rob

If it works on another pc, then you are right. Something is corrupted with the actinic installation and you would need to remove and reinstall the software.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X