Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Subsections from Norcascade

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me select which subsections are listed in norcascade. I am using the duplicate product trick to allow a basic listing of the product, and by following a link, a more detailed layout of the product. The only trouble is Norcascade lists both the orginal product and the subsection containing the duplicate. Even if you select it not to in the layout tab. Is there a way of stopping it listing the subsection containing the duplicate?

Any help greatly appreciated

Ed

There is a 'Max Depth' field in NorTree. Set this to however many section levels you want to appear in the menus.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

This is true although what if all your sections have different numbers of subsections. Basically I'm trying to have a setup to display products aswell a link to display the detail of the product within the same page. i am using business and upto now have been using the extended info hacks to display product details within the same page although alternate pricing structures don't work on extended info pages for logged in customers and a load of other things need quite a bit of sorting!! So I was thinking I could do the duplicate product trick as below:

Level 1 = sectionA
      Level 2 = product A, Detail subsection
      Level 3 = Product A Detail (duplicate)

The only trouble is I don't want "detail subsection" to appear this could be done by setting the max depth of all sections to be displayed as in the norcascade GUI. The only trouble is this will effect all my sections some sections have 4 - 5 subsections until you get to the product! The settings within actinic layout overide sections doesn't seem to work with norcascade (or nortree). But I'm thinking if I can get norcascade to to work the way I want it'll make my life a whole lot easier!! Is it perhaps possible to adjust the menu depth for each menu option by editing the javascript files???

Help greatly appreciated

Ed

Comment

You could manually edit the JavaScript files to remove the sections you don't want. That's the only thing I can think of really as there probably isn't an automatic way of doing it.

All it means at the moment is that your products are listed by Nortree. Is this not a good thing?

Comment

Working...
        X