SMTP with Supanames Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP with Supanames Hosting

I have recently installed Actinic Catalog V7 on my Supanames domain www.qualitysilver.co.uk and use Pipex broadband as my connection.

I am having trouble with the SMTP settings using server details etc from my domain or Pipex. The only thing I can get to work is putting LOCALHOST into the SMTP box but this will only send an e-mail to me to notify me of an order.

I would also like an automated receipt to be sent to the customer and to be able to send e-mails direct from Actinic without having to cut and paste into Outlook.

Is there something I am doing wrong here or could there be a problem with Supanames hosting Actinic software.

I would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Jason
    www.qualitysilver.co.uk
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

If localhost works for sending the email to you, then it should also work for the customers receipt email.

Go into View | Business Settings | Ordering and check that you have enabled "Send Receipt Email to Customer", which if you enable it on this occasion, then update your site to get it effected online...

Barring that... Does your host provide your SMTP Auth email facilities, i.e where you need to enter a username and password to relay emails through there server? If so, then enter that info into the Network settings dialog to make use of that whilst referencing your mail.domain.tld or what ever else they state as the SMTP server.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Buzby, did you ever solve that problem? What did you do in the end? Are you still with Supanames?

Comment

I am still with Supanames and all is working fine now.

In the SMTP box I added LOCALHOST and left the username box unchecked.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
        X