Spurious characters above section images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurious characters above section images

The following appeared in the Site Preview in P_index.html after a brown-out:
     and displays as  to the top left of every image in sections and sub-sections.

The string is located at the following location in what appears to be corrupted source code:

<form method="get" action="../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html">
    <input type=hidden name="SHOP"><input type=hidden name="SID" value="0"><input type=hidden name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT"><input type=hidden name="PAGEFILENAME" value="P_index.html"><table border="0">
    <tr> <td width="33%"><p>&iuml;&raquo;&iquest;<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="5"><TR><TD ALIGN="CENTER" VALIGN="TOP" WIDTH="100">

Unfortunately I did made some changes and backed-up befoe I noticed the unwanted addition! I have explored all of the files I can think of but have failed to track the source down - any ideas folks?

If you go into Design / Options Miscellaneous and uncheck Compact HTML/CGI that will add comments to your generated code showing which template is responsible.

Norman

PS don't forget to re-check that box before going live as it makes your pages very big and slow.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Inspection of the resultant HTML code showed that the spurious characters were coming from Act_Section_Line.html but prior to the first comment line. Viewing the file with a text editor showed nothing but detailed inspection with a hex editor revealed three characters right at the start of the file - EF BB and BF.

Deletion of these cured the problem - thanks Norman.

Comment

Working...
      X