Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Name Bug

Hi there

I've noticed an issue (bug?) in V7 which affects the entirety of a clients' store.

He has renamed his section names as 'this-section-name.html' using hyphens as the spacers (intentionally)

Actinic V7 (V6 didn't do it) has now decided that hyphens are illegal characters in page names and is substituting them with underscores.

This is bad for his store as there are a host of hard-coded links to the page names with hyphens and suddenly these aren't working...

Can anyone suggest how this might be rectified?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

I noticed this and pointed it out in an earlier thread, all i was told was that it wsa a bug and being reported - until this is resolved i cannot upgrade as my SEO company have worked hard to increase my pageranking and so changing all my page names isn't practicle.

Comment

I think this is now the third thread on the subject, if people used more descriptive titles then you would be able to find them

maybe a word from the administrators explaining what the title is for, some people do not quite understand it? I must say this is a minority though

Cheers
      Darren

Comment

This is exactly the reason that hyphens are being used - they score better than underscores it seems with the page ranking systems.

A brief answer from Actinic would be helpful to say whether this is

1) Fixable now using a Perl file mod
        2) Going to be fixed in the 7.0.2 patch
        3) Going to be fixed at all!

Cheers

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

If i could find the posts, which do not seem to be named as per the problem there is an answer in there, im sure that it will be fixed on V7.0.2 which is probably at best 6 weeks away

this thread has something http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=page+names

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Darren

There's 2 posts it seems so far which can be found on a seach in V7 forum on 'hyphens' or 'underscore'

Neither offer a fix unfortunately to this particular issue.

Maybe an answer from Actinic will confirm whether there's a workaround or a definite fix being made in 7.0.2

Regards

Jos
            Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

This has been reported as a critical bug, so it will be fixed in the next version. In the short term, your client could run a quick 'Find and Replace' on the 'sPageName' field in the 'Catalog section' table in the database.

That should get them working in the short term.

Comment

Chris

Thanks for the reply...

The fix you suggest has already been employed and as long as the page name field is not clicked on things are relatively stable.

Any rough guide as to the date of release of the 7.0.2 patch would be gratefully received...

Regards

Jos
                Thanks

Jos Medinger

www.internetology.co.uk

Comment

As an extra, i have pages with - in the page name, im not sure how this happened but they are there. So this does not seem to be with every page. maybe i changed it and on restarting actinic it accpeted them? not sure i will have to try

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X