Popup blockers & HSBC payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popup blockers & HSBC payments

It would appear that when Actinic passes an order to HSBC secure-epayments that it does not do a straightforward "open the page", but instead it does something that trips a popup blocker if a customer has one one set up on his PC.

From the customer's view..... nothing happens.

The order is then not passed to HSBC for authorisation. The order then does show up in Actinic as pending payment.... but with no way for us to process the order and, of course, no card details.

Why does Actinic act as though it is being sent to a popup window? Surely, there is no reason for this to happen?

Cheers
    Rod
    Old and rare books on CD for Historians and Genealogists

Sorry to hijack your post...
    This may be connected/similar to a problem we have using Cardnet/Protx, lots of unexplained pending payments. Though no-one has specifically mentioned its triggered a pop-up blocker it just doesn't go anywhere when its supposed to go to the psp pages.
    Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
    www.thedancersshop.co.uk
    www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

ongoing....

I am trying to replicate the problem on different computers, and I now have some feedback from some customers too.

Google toolbar popup blocker does not cause a popup block.
      Norton systemworks on XP home SP2 does cause a problem. (Not sure if it one or the other or the combination of both)
      At this stage we don't know if the above is the only factor, and I suspect that there may be other combinations.

But, like you, we have lots of unexplained "pending payment". Odd ones scattered around, and even blocks of 10 or so with consecutive order numbers.

Rod

Comment

It sounds like a firewall rather than pop-up issue.

What version of V6 are you using? I Know V6.1.4 addressed a different issue with Norton but may be relevant to this one too.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

We are currently using 6.1.4 the number of unexplained pendings has reduced but not gone entirely. May have to start monitoring it more for an idea of exactly how many potential sales we are losing.
          Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
          www.thedancersshop.co.uk
          www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

follow up....

we have established that it is not just popups that are preventing orders passing though HSBC's verification. It was a sort of red herring. Only a few of them were down to that problem.

The real problem is that *many* of our orders are failing within the HSBC secure epayments site. We have established (from their tech support looking at their logs) that users are entering their system and then apparently aborting. HSBC tell us that our customers are aborting.... its almost as if they just close their browser window .... end. HSBC tell us that it is the customer who is purposely aborting. I don't believe it. Because... *We* can see from Actinic that the same user will try several times to repeat the process! We see several "pending payment" attempts one after the other.

Result... stalemate.

We have established that since we turned on HSBC payments last friday, we are regularly losing 75% of our orders eeach day.

Back to manual card charging.

Comment

If you have a customer who's tried several times then why not give them a call and ask them what happened. At least that way it gives you something to go back to HSBC/Actinic with.

I had a customer do something similar on Friday last week. I'd seen three PSP pending orders go through from the same person in about 5 minutes, so decided he must be having some sort of problem. It turned out he'd got to the payment page and decided to change his order just before paying each time. After talking to him he said he hadn't realised we'd see the order at that point but that he really should go ahead and make his mind up, which he did. He's already a good customer in just three days so it's often worth making the call.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I have and do have the same problem with e-secure via HSBC.I think the latest service pack on win xp 2 is not going to help matters either. I think on average we get 35-40% that go through without any hassle. The problem that we all know is it makes you the supplier look inefficient and although most customers will order from you if you take the initiative to call them it’s like doing 2 jobs for something that should be a lot easier. Personally I don’t think the e-secure payments method is the most effective we can have but it is one of the most secure, but sometimes at a cost of upsetting a customer. How easy is it to regain a customer after losing him once already through no fault of your own?!

Ok rant over, time to spend another 20 mins holding on a telephone to call centre wherever!
                John Heap
                Knighton Tool Supplies-Leicester
                www.knighton-tools.co.uk
                Litter Pickers-Power Tools-Safety Footwear-Engineering Products

Comment

Working...
                X