Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large spaces on product pages

Hi

i have extremely large spaces on my product pages where i have added a dummy product as a single line for text purposes, but the strange thing is if i use the same modified template directly under the first product it appears correctly

does anyone have any ideas, if you have a look here you can see what i mean. both of the first 2 products us the same template
    http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/square.html

this used to be ok in V6 but since the upgrade it has gone a bit strange

Cheers
    Darren

Your page has the following code in it:-

<Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR><Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR><Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR><Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR><Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR><Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR><Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>

This may be from Act_ProductBody.html or Act_primary.html and not any product template. It looiks like you've got a much duplicated Netquotevar somewhere.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman

Thanks for pointing that out, it does appear on all my pages, they all have this large space at the top. The problem is i can not find why it is adding this so many times, i guess it only needs to be in there once.

I have looked in the both the act_productbody.html & Act_primaryleft.html (i use left aligned) and can not see it repeated several times

Attached is the template files if someone could have a look

Cheers
      Darren
      Attached Files

Comment

Just having a thought about this one, is this anything to do with the discounts for retail customers? i have 7 bands from 5%, 7.5% - 20%

are these related to the repeated lines?

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

are these related to the repeated lines?
          It seems very likely. You could try commenting out the NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFOBULK in Act_ProductBody.html to confirm this. Then yell at Actinic.

Norman

Comment

Check your acrual product layout template (e.g. Act_ProductLine.html). Do you have this code:

<Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR>

...outside of the <tr><td></td></tr> structure of the template? If so, Internet Explorer will group all this code at the top of the product table - which will give you the gap.

Comment

Hi Chris

this does not appear anywhere in the product templates?

i have searched for price & schedules and nothing appeared

i'm still stumpped

Darren

Norman, I will try this a bit later as i guess this will probably mess up the discounting online so i will do it through previews, i take it this will still work the same

Comment

Norman

I tried what you suggested and guess what, the spaces all vanished?

so Actinic how do we get around this one? If i comment these out will all my discounts still work ok?

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

This looks more and more like a bug in the V7 code generation.

You have only one occurrence of NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFOBULK yet Actinic is generating a lot of lines of identical code.

Norman

Comment

Chris

if this is the case could we log it as a bug for a fix V7.0.2. However i would like a work around as soon as possible. Also will commenting out effect my discounting?

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

Darren

I'm having real trouble reproducing this.

What sort of discount have you got set up for your logged-in customers? Is it an 'Order Value' one, a 'Cart Content' one or a 'Quantity-Based Pricing' one?

I cannot get any kind of gap to appear - or get the 'showforpriceshedules' lines to appear in my HTML.

A few more details would be really handy.

Comment

Hi Chris

ok if you look at the following link you will see what i mean http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/square.html

i have discounts set up as follows for "cart contents"
                        2 groups one with discount 1 without
                        discount bands upto £100 - 5%, upto £200 - 7.5% right upto 20% in 2.5% increments giving 7 discount bands, these discount bands are only for retail customer, trade customers with a login get 20% off everthing so this is set up under the pricing model and i have not even gone there yet

I have to use cart contents discounting as i cannot use order level discount because you can not exclude product groups or even products just payment method or customer group - i have asked a number of times for this exclusion, but people at actinic do not see the reason for needing it, anyway thats another story.

The link above is for users with no login, as you can see the large blank space. If i comment out the NETQUOTEVARISCOUNTINFOBULK the spaces disappear. what i need to know is if i comment it out will my discounts stop working, if so how do i get ride of the space as norman pointed out the Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule> is repeated over and over. I have looked through nearly all the templates and can not find this anywhere but it appears in the generated pages

does this help clarify the situation?

Cheers
                        Darren

Comment

does this help clarify the situation?
                          It does. I have been able to reproduce the error.

The lines are inserted when you have 'Show Discount Description Above the List of Products' selected in the 'Miscellaneous' tab of 'View | Discounts and Surcharges Settings'. If you de-select this box the gap will go away.

The <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="1"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule><BR> code means that whatever you discount message you enter (in the 'Presentation' tab of the discount) will appear above the list of products in that section - and will only be visible to retail customers.

The real problem is that <br> tag at the end of each line - which really shouldn't be there if the 'Presentation' tab is empty. I'll have a word with the development team and get them to make a change to remove it.

Comment

that simple,

well thanks for all your help at least we got there, just one thing the tick boxes under the discount settings are not that clear as to what they do, i thought these were all to do with the cart DOH

once again thanks to both you and Norman

Darren

Comment

Working...
                            X