Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering only in multiples of 6?

Hi all

I am trying to work out how to design a new site for a Nursery (flowers not children!), who do all of their sales in multiples of 6, reflecting the packaging they send out their plants in.

Their pricing model therefore is that the first 6 plants cost £13 then the next 6 and any further multiples of 6 cost say £10.50. This is across the board, so there are not any further rules other than an 'early order' discount of £1 per box based on ordering before a fixed date each year. Each box of 6 can be made up of a selection of plants eg 1 blue, 2 green and 3 red etc.

So what I want to do is to show listings of plants in sections without prices, and have an 'add to box' button which creates the selection. Then have Actinic calculate the price based on the above rules hopefully avoiding the pence rounding error that I am sure I would be faced with (13/6 = 217 pence * 6 = £13.02). If there is a method of ensuring that the order consists of a multiple of 6, that would be brilliant.

I have developed a few Actinic sites but have never got into discounts and minimum orders etc. I've had a look at a few threads but I can't get my head round how do achieve this. The site will be developed in Developer, but will be deployed in Catalog v7.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Hi There,

If they are going to be using Business v7 then I think they can do the following...

First, give each plant a price of £0.00

Put all the plants in a store into a product group. Make sure the product
    group has 'Allow Only One Discount Online For This Group' selected.

Set up a 'Cart Content' discount that has the following settings:
    Based On - Quantity
    Trigger - 6
    Reward Type - Fixed Price
    Reward Amount - £13.00

Then set up a second discount with the following settings:
    Based On - Quantity
    Trigger - 12
    Reward Amount - £23.50

And then a third with
    Based On - Quantity
    Trigger - 18
    Reward Amount - £34.00

and so on.

Then this is the important bit....

Re-arrange all your cart-content discounts in the list so that the first
    one you created (for 6 products) is at the bottom of the list, and the
    last one you created (e.g. for 18 products) is at the top of the list.
    This will ensure that the discounts are applied in turn as the number of
    items in the cart gets higher.

Finally, use the javascript suggested in an earlier community thread here to ensure people only order in multiples of 6.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

I've actually applied a similar model already, but based it on triggers of value rather than quantity as I believe the client will only stretch to a Catalog licence.

As my products are individually priced at 217 pence, I've applied the first discount as a 'price correction' which applies a £0.02 discount if the order value is £13.02 (217 * 6), or £0.04 for £26.04 etc.

2nd discount takes £26.00 and applies a £2.50 discount, £39.00 - £5.00 discount etc.

3rd discount is time limited and takes £1.00 off for £13.00, £2.00 for £23.50 etc.

I've used the javascript cart_content cookie code to display on my section pages how many plants need to be added or removed to get a non-modulo cart, and on the next button in act_order00 to prevent submission and alert unless qty >= 6 && !(qty % 6).

So I think I'm there - it's uploaded and tested and seems to work fine, just hope it works on a Catalog licence!

Thanks for the reply anyway, Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X