Cheque on delivery paymnets not moving from Pending to completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheque on delivery paymnets not moving from Pending to completed

Hi - When ever I receive a payment via "cheque on Delivery" the order always remains in Pending.

I have checked through the posting on this site and I cannot seem to find an answer to a problem that I have.

On the Pending screen I have the following:

1. Under 'payment' it says nothing

2. under 'invoice' it says 'data entry printed'.

3. under 'packing list' it says 'data entry printed'.

4. under 'date shipped' there is a valid date.

5. under "total cost' there is a valid value.

6. under "%shipped" it says "100%"

Has anybody got any ideas?
    Regards
    David

Have you recorded a payment receipt?

Go into the order, Progress & Payments tab and then click on View Payments and click new entry to record the actual receipt of the payment (assuming you have recieved it and its cleared)...

If you have done all of the other prints etc, then it will then move out of the pending pile

Comment

Hi - I have accessed this as suggested but the "View Payments" button is greyed out.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Have you got 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' selected in 'Business Settings | Ordering'. This would explain why this button is greyed out.

The 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' is really only suitable for sites where 100% of payments are going through an online PSP.

Comment

thanks for your replies guys - that has sorted it out.
          Regards
          David

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
            The 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' is really only suitable for sites where 100% of payments are going through an online PSP.
            I'm handing over the reins of actinic to a client tomorrow and leaving them to handle live orders. The site is 100% online payments only using Worldpay, is it worth having the "bypass catalog order processing" box checked?

What does this function actually do? If it's checked do orders go into completed instantaneously? Or does it still involve the procedure of marking the item as shipped, and then printing a packing list and invoice?

This area of the software has caused me the most confusion (probably noted by all of my posts!!) Appologies for the overkill, i'm just trying to get everything 100% clear in my own mind to have the confidence in relaying the info to the client and letting them get on with orders themselves.

Comment

What does this function actually do? If it's checked do orders go into completed instantaneously? Or does it still involve the procedure of marking the item as shipped, and then printing a packing list and invoice?
              If you have 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' selected, then when you download an order it is automatically marked as shipped. You can then complete an order by doing one of the following
              • Print an invoice
              • Print a data entry report
              • Export the orders as CSV files

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                If you have 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' selected, then when you download an order it is automatically marked as shipped. You can then complete an order by doing one of the following
                • Print an invoice
                • Print a data entry report
                • Export the orders as CSV files
                And if it isnt selected do you have to do the same things as you've listed above but also have to go into the order and mark each line item in it as shipped (to move the order to completed). Is this the only difference?

Comment

Is this the only difference?
                  Basically yes.

What 'Bypass Catalog Order Processing' means is 'you only have to do one thing to the order for it to be marked as completed'. The things you have to do are listed in my earlier post.

Comment

Working...
                  X