<option> lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<option> lists

I've written a php based wishlist and integrated it into my catalog. At the moment I have a second <form> tag with a hidden field the value of which gets set to the product name through a NETQUOTEVAR. When the form is submitted it adds the name of the product, along with the page address and the name of the anchor, to a mysql database.

this works fine except for the fact that if a product has a component/attribute the php does not pick up any choices made.

My idea to get around this was to have another hidden field which got set to the value of the drop down list, but on looking at the code the value of every <option> tag is just a number, and not the choice name, which doesnt help much.

does anyone have any ideas on how actinic converts "<option value=20>Light Blue" to just "light blue" in the shopping cart? is it done through the cgi scripts? if so does anyone have any idea how i can grab the product options?

Options and other info are in the .cat files A0001.cat, A0002.cat etc on the server. The numeric bit refers to the Section ID number. These are actually Perl Hashes and will be a right pain to parse via an external application.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X