Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom email form

Hi

I want to add the customer address and contact numbers to the standard email form, do i also need to edit the mailfom.pl file to reflect the new fields or will it send the email with the new fields but not check them.

Cheers
    Darren

Can anyone offer any advise

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Darren,

I can't really help much. I use a formmailer written in PHP to mail to me forms.

If you can run PHP then I'm happy to let you have a copy of what I use. It's easy to customise it for your own use.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Mike

thanks for that, i do not have php but can for £25 a year but know absolutly nothing about php. Off to have a look now

I had hoped someone from actinic would have an idea, i can change the script and forms but need a bit of direction

Cheers for you help
        Darren

Comment

Off the top of my head it would require a lot of script customisation as the mail script does not use any of the Perl library functions used by the order script.

Is it that you are trying to get customer account addresses and details into the mail form? Or are you just wanting to provide fields for address for everyone?

If it is the latter then you could just write your own HTML form page using a 'formmail' script which your web hosting company should be able to provide you with.

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, i just wanted to add extra fields to the existing form. but wanted to know if i needed to mod the mail script to allow for these extra fields.

The mail template just has name, email address, message, i wanted to just add postal address then i could use this for people who require information posted to them.

This is not to big a problem as i have a seperate catalogue request button with a pop up page on my toolbar. I was hoping to do a bit of house work and get ride of some of the stuff that is doubled up by incoroporating functionallity.

Thanks for you help though
            Cheers
            Darren

Comment

Working...
            X